What does Reset do in a playlist?

I have one particular playlist defined that lighten up a button mid top, Reset (Or Återställ as this translates into Swedish)
But, i cannot figure out what it does, or rather should do?

Did you apply a funnel filter? Reset would - well - reset that filter. It also reads 18 of 19 tracks, so one track seems to be hidden.

Appreciate the feedback!
But, i havent applied any filter that i know of. (I cant see any way of unfiltering either?)
And i assume that the button would reset any filters? But it doesn’t, all that happens is a very brief glimpse of a Roon-symbol below, just a flash. And the button remains…

Hmm, the button should remove applied filters. If nothing happens when you click it, something’s broken … maybe a track which is part of the playlist became unavailable. Experts have to come to the rescue …

Hi @Mikael_Ollars,

Reset should only appear if there has been some filtering done, like here:

Based on the screenshot, it looks like it’s filtered so that only 18 of 19 tracks are showing. If you click Reset does this go away?

Sorry @dylan, like i posted previously; Nothing, just a quick glimpse of a Roon-symbol…

This might be the residue of backup/restore from different Roon cores where Storage-paths differ somewhat. But i cant remember seeing this particular button previously.

Or, could it be a Tidal track no longer available? (It is a mixed playlist with mostly local content and a few Tidal tracks)

Hi @Mikael_Ollars,

Thanks for confirming. Since this only occurs with one particular playlist, and clicking Reset yields no changes, I’d like to enable diagnostics on your account so the team can take a closer look.

First, I was hoping you could click Reset once more and note the time you do so. Respond here with the time and your timezone and I’ll enable diagnostics.

Thanks!

Just pressed Reset/Återställ, 18:47 CET. (GMT +1hr) :slight_smile:

Thanks @Mikael_Ollars!

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Additionally, is there any chance you know what track is missing from this playlist?

I am still curious about what this Reset button should do. And regarding your last question @dylan, no i don’t know what track is missing. (Nothing is filtered)

Did the data say something about what went wrong?

And, i looked at another playlist which contain (and display) 13 tracks where the Reset button is visible but pointless…
For what it’s worth, i pressed reset again at 23.16 CET

Hi @Mikael_Ollars,

We currently have a ticket open regarding this issue. I can’t promise any specific timeframes, but I’ll be sure to keep you updated.

The Reset button should only appear when a filter is applied and, once clicked, should remove the filter and the button should disappear.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.