What gear did you buy in 2023?

Oh yeah I forgot I got one of those to this year, to replace my failed Squeezebox Radio. Already had the Link 20 for garden use.

Wow never ever afford anything like that, hope it brings many many years of enjoyment.

2 Likes

Thanks, I certainly am! :grinning:

2 Likes

Thank you. I hope so too! :grinning:

2 Likes

Not much in 2023.

Eversolo DMP-A8 (just waiting for it’s ROON certification :wink:)

Some new cables to experiment with from SVS (subwoofers), Ghent Audio, Audioquest, and Kimber Kable only because I had money to burn and I’m a sucker for the “what if?” in 99.9% snake oil products in this ridiculous hobby. :joy:

3 Likes

Tannoy Stirling loudspeakers. Sutherland LittleLOCO phonostage. Denafrips Iris DDC.

@Echolane, I respect your taste in HiFi equipment.

Wow! Great system!

I like it :+1::+1:

2 Likes

No wonder you only listen to music :grin:

Looks amazing and I bet it sounds amazing too👍

2 Likes

Thank you.

Yup, now you know! :grinning:

It certainly does!

Now the explanation of the random wine bottles, inquiring minds want to know.

1 Like

Ah, yes, the wine bottles…

They improve the experience…
by drinking them whilst listening! :grinning:

(Château Pontet-Canet is my favourite claret)

2 Likes

Ahh yes, tone controls. Makes sense now. Beautiful system now dress those cables up a little bit :wink:

1 Like

… nothing, since the system even sounds as good as frequency, impulse and phase responses look, as measured from the listening position …

1 Like

The year started with pair of REL T7X subwoofers for the main system. REL have two sales per year, so look out for them.

A set of Earfun Bluetooth earbuds for walking out and about. These were cheap and cheerful but are surprisingly good for the money (£28 UK). If purchasing again I would go for the next model up which has noise cancelling built in (to reduce traffic noise but at over twice the price) or a set with LDAC codec built in.

In December I finally got round to running a length of Cat5e into my shed and purchased a Wiim Pro Plus to use as Roon endpoint (same week it was finally Roon Ready). The Cat5e terminates in a new TP-Link EA235 access point/switch so I have wifi in there too now. Somewhat amazingly, Amazon delivered the TP-Link in 13 hours. I ordered at 8pm and it was pushed through my letterbox at 9am the next day. However, now that Amazon are pushing ads onto us UK Prime customers soon, that superb service might get cancelled in February.

To round off December I purchased a used pair of Dynaudio Audience 42 speakers to use in the garage with an existing Raspberry Pi400 system. This has Roon bridge installed of course and works well.

All systems are currently getting measured and DSP corrected using REW and convolution files in Roon. To facilitate this I purchased a Focusrite Solo microphone/USB interface in the middle of the year, but have only just got round to using it.

5 Likes

In 2023 “just” Austrian Audio - The Composer and FiiO M11 Plus

Torben

7 Likes

Last year I added the following:

• A pre-loved Naim Nait SX2 integrated amplifier
  • ATL Audio DC Blocker Trap Filter
  • Cambridge Audio Alva DUO phono stage
  • Roksan K3 Di CD player / CD player / DAC
  • Around 300 CDs, digital downloads, and vinyl to enjoy
7 Likes

Tannoy Eatons became Arden’s……

11 Likes

Christmas present 2022 delivered in Feb 2023

Atma-Sphere Class D monoblocks
(Have used DIY amps for more than a decade)

Had a good business and WAF year :sunglasses:

ModWright LS 300 Pre-Amp
MSB Premier DAC
Re-Tipped my Benz Micro Glider Low Output

Retiring at the end of this year, so trying to build my end game system, and hoping the new retirement house (moving to children/grandchildren) will offer a man cave capable of housing the Vinyl Rig + Album storage. Without vinyl, I can drop the TT, phono amp, and Pre-Amp.

4 Likes

Mouth wide open in both awe and healthy jealousy :grinning:

2 Likes