What gear will you buy in 2024?

Most likely another amp

1 Like

Just placed an order - LOL :slight_smile:

Torben

2 Likes

Seems a bit cheap to me. I think I’ll pass :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the Atmos version. Are they available on Amazon?

2 Likes

Mission 770 Speakers! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

… currently in backlog :slight_smile:

Torben

PS: PM if you want a coupon with 2% discount

2 Likes

Just seen this thread so i will copy some drivel over to here.
I have my eyes on a few things this year. Im always on the prowl. Hifi is an addiction isn’t it.
Hifi wise I fancy the Chord M scaler. Its around £3.5k (5 grand in dollars) I am also not convinced it actually does anything the human ear can discern. Hearing is believing.
I tend to spend a few grand every year on my toys. Its getting more difficult to afford as the higher you go in quality the higher the price goes.
I also have pc addictions, 4k bluray etc.
I have to leave around £4k to build a new PC at some point. I got into PC building in my mid 50s.
Hopefully I won’t buy any hifi this year.
I do have my eyes on the playstation portal. Its sold out here and i wont buy from scalpers. When its on amazon prime i will get.
Another boys toy!!

1 Like

For sure: HQP 5.0
Check

Maybe: Holo Audio Cyan 2
Check

Likely: DCA E3
Check

and we are not even half into the year….
And now? :thinking:

:rofl:

I was hoping I would purchase nothing, but so far I’ve bought 5 custom GIK Acoustics 2A Alpha Pro Series Panel Diffusor/Absorber - 2" for a total of $607.61. I upgraded the fabric to Guilford of Maine black front, back, and sides to match my DIY bass traps. I also spent just over $100 for Nipper and Grace (White Rabbit) aesthetics.

So far this year, upgraded one system. Removing Arcam AVR360. Added an Audiolab 8300xp to power my RME ADI 2 DAC, with some Sonus faber Lumina II Armator standmounts connected sitting on Custom design stands. Setup a new server on a Geekom it11 pro and have a BK Electronics P10-150 GEM sub on order should be here soon.

1 Like

I have a 1950 Wilcox-Gay Recordio box to get working again, and I imagine spare cash will go into that.

Benchmark LA4

2 Likes

I’ve bought 2nd hand Monitor Audio speakers and a 2nd hand Matrix Audio 3 mini. Both marvellous pieces of kit.
I may be buying a new hypex amp if a bulk purchase happens. If it doesn’t I’ll buy something off eBay.

2 Likes

The Naim Uniti Atom HE is a nice compact streamer headphone amp :sunglasses:

FiiO M23 + FiiO KA17 :wink:

Torben

1 Like

I paid for a Dutch&Dutch speaker demo recently.
A D&D guy helped me to run REW to get the speakers setup within my room. I was able to use them for five weeks or so, which turned into several more weeks when I elected to buy the demo pair. Demo fee was included in price of purchase. I wish other manufacturers offered demos such as this…

3 Likes

Oops, I did it again. Bought a product I reviewed, having had no intention of changing my speakers at all as my current ones (Graham LS6) have delivered the goods for 5 years now (since I reviewed them for Darko - I see a pattern emerging here!)

I’ll not say what just yet as it will give away much of the review. Which will probably be out early next week.

Mods - not meant to be clickbait, please remove if it comes across as such :slight_smile:

Note to self - take new profile photo, that one was 20lbs heavier than now and it shows :rofl:

1 Like

I saw a review on the M23 that mentioned it being a little bright which has disappointed me, I have the original AKM K9 Pro and it’s got some warmth and I was looking for something similar but portable for aircraft, train and hotel room use.
If you get one I’d like to hear your thoughts please.

1 Like

I hope to get the M23 next week. I will than post here:

Torben