What happened to "the world's best stereo system?"

3 Likes

A sad story IMHO. All the time and money spent for ego. He could have spent that time with his family and friends, etc. But, who am I to judge someone else? They should have sold the house with the system still installed. Maybe they tried that, IDK.

I watched the video where he showed it off a couple of times. It was quite amazing. He didn’t have time to enjoy it. Watch the video if you haven’t seen it.

EDIT: I watched this hour long video again last night. Still seems very sad to me.

Not to take anything away from this guy but I think the „best system in the world“ might not be taking into account the full craziness that is out there.

There’s apparently more than one guy in the world who built a gigantic concrete horn speaker into their house/basement. The most famous one was an Italian guy but the web page is gone now. Google still finds pictures from this project and other ones.

IMG_0237

Much more:

(Go to More Like This on the Pinterest pages)

1 Like

Not everyone particularly likes other people, Jim. Some are at their best when left to their own devices. Pun intended.

AJ

5 Likes

Maybe that’s why it’s a sad story.

1 Like

I was told about a guy in Manhattan who owns and lives in a whole brownstone in the Village but was concerned about vibrations of the old building affecting his record player. His solution was supposedly to have a company drill down from the building’s basement to the bedrock and then erect a free-standing concrete pillar upward to the higher floors to place the player on.

2 Likes

Are these guys married ? I get heat if I just look at a pair of headphones

WAF is real :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Just bring up her shoes collection, problem solved.

2 Likes

She doesn’t have one , she lives in flip flops :sunglasses:

1 Like

It does say in the article he regrets the time spent and it should have gone to family time.

1 Like