What is the latest concert you've been to? [2016-2019]

We just hosted Shelley Fairchild and Morganway and to say, blown away, doesn’t do it justice.

Shelly Fairchild and Adam on Guitar, stunning…

Tony Moore joined in on a few numbers

Morganway played a real uptempo hour and a half set… raised the roof

1 Like

I haven’t been to a concert in years because my ears are shot (71 year old retired drummer and pilot). However, some I remember are Dave Clark Five, Tams, Gaithers, Chicago, Dave Major and The Minors, Temptations, Four Tops, Guns N Roses, White Snake, Van Halen (twice), Motley Crue, Indigo Girls, Willie Nelson, BTO, Billy Stewart, Buddy Rich and others I don’t remember for various reasons.

2 Likes

AVA (Anna Phoebe and Aisling Brouwer), and Resina x Christina Vantzou yesterday evening at St Nicholas’ Church, Kenilworth (as part of the excellent Kenilworth Arts Festival). A thoroughly excellent evening!

Monterey Jazz Festival Highlights Friday Night and Saturday Afternoon

Taylor McFerrin(Bobby’s Son)

Kingfish Ingram–fabulous 2 hour set!

Larkin Poe

Cha Wa New Orleans Band

1 Like

Here is Larkin Poe Pic

Monterey Jazz Saturday/Sunday nights
Derrick Hodge Color of Noise

Christian McBribe Big Band

Eliane Elias

Jazzmeia Horn

Fabulous Set by David Sanborn, Marcus Miller, Bob James and Billie Kilson Long Standing O

2 Likes

I get frustrated. Many fabulous bands come through Chicago, but many of these shows start so late, even on weeknights. I get it; it’s Rock ‘n’ Roll - they don’t go to bed early. But I do!

1 Like

Just been to see The Churchfitters at the Quay Theatre Sudbury and they were great fun.
We used to see them in pubs back in the 80’s so it was great to see how far they have come.

They play their own brand of up tempo folk on many unique hand made and customised instruments. The sound was lovely too. A great night out.

Pixies in Palladium, Cologne yesterday night. I liked the classic songs better than the ones from the new album. Kudos to the guy at the lights. The lightshow was outstanding, simple but full of atmosphere.

2 Likes

Off to see Hiromi Uehara at the Bridgewater Hall in Manchester on 1 November.
VERY excited!

1 Like

Looks like Frank has lost a little weight!

1 Like

Part of Angel City Jazz Festival
At Bluewhale–Little Tokyo Downtown Los Angeles Sunday Night

Daniel Rosenboom AITA

James Brandon Lewis Quintet

1 Like

Wow a jazz festival that features actual jazz artists! What a concept!

Steve Hackett at Beacon Theater, New York on September 25th

Thom Yorke at Express Live in Columbus Ohio, on October 30th

Robert Grasper Trio at Blue Note, New York last night

3 Likes

Jesca Hoop and Chloe Foy last night, in SoundHouse, Eden Quay, Dublin.
Excellent live performance, pleasant interaction with the audience and well complimented by the supporting band members. Jesca then closed with a cappella solo, that was just beautifully haunting.

Not my photo (but from the Liverpool gig the night before)

1 Like

Machine Head in 013 Tilburg last Monday. 3 hours of audiophile bliss :crazy_face: or mayhem. Not my picture…

1 Like

They played for three hours?

Oh my God what a migraine that would induce :grimacing:

1 Like

Fantastic Lissie gig in Bristol, UK on Friday - she has an incredible voice that seems to have got better with each album and is even more impressive live. Also my first introduction to Mabes, who was great as a support act.

Great concluding concert for Angle City Jazz Festival.
At Lodge Room in Highland Park, LA
David Binney with various players–in this picture Steve Lehman sax and Anthony Fung drums, Luca Mendoza keys. He played all original compositions, premiering 2.

Last group was Makaya McCraven with Joel Ross vibes, Max Gerl bass and Jeff Parker guitar. Wonderful percussive driven set.

2 Likes

Waiting die New Order! in A’dam

afbeelding

1 Like