What is the latest on Roon and Devialet AIR support - going on a month with no updates

Well I suppose - at least for the new streamerboard - it would be tricky to come sooner than the board itself. :wink:

Given the ā€œleaksā€ from Danny at Munich, I was hoping/ assuming that Roon would be there from the launch. I guess we have to wait and see ā€¦

Did not Devialet say that this upgrade could be done by the users? Now it has to go back to Devialet once moreā€¦the ones that had problems with UPS are not going to be happy.

Yeah that was a bit of a surprise. I had a good experience with UPS but even so each round trip to Paris is a risk for an expensive and beautifully finished piece of electronics. Maybe they will still offer the dealer fit later, although again no offence to dealers but Iā€™d actually be happy to fit it myself (Iā€™m sure Iā€™d be at least as careful if not more so). But who takes responsibility if it doesnā€™t work or damage is caused.

Indeed; I was hoping that Roon talking directly to AIR wouldnā€™t depend on the new streamer board. Fingers still crossed.

1 Like

I also had a good experience with UPS sending in my 400 but you see so many having problems with the shipping. Perhaps we who live in the EU have less problemā€¦hope the Brexit dont happen before Devialet comes around to do the upgrade :slight_smile:
Well as I decided to sell my Devialets this has little impact to me but I hope the new OS will come with a new Spark app thatā€™s better so I can get a nicer experience with controlling my Phantom.

Come on, @Dannyā€¦ spill the beans. You know you want to. Just between us Roonies. Weā€™ll keep it secret. Promise.

Promise, keep it secret

I think Devialet changed their mind and we are out of luck.

Anything. . .anything at all?

I attended a Devialet day at a dealer in the U.K. last week and the devialet engineer and sales manager I spoke to were surprised when I asked when Roon would be including AIR, in fact they said there must be a spy in the factory! However, they did confirm that itā€™s coming and that it isnā€™t tied up with the new streamer board so we should see it soon, wouldnā€™t tell me what they were waiting for though!

I do find it a bit strange that this is being treated as a ā€œbig secretā€. To what purpose? In any event, I am excited to see how this plays out. As a Devialet Expert Pro owner and a big Roon fan, I gotta believe itā€™ll be a good thing.

1 Like

I am sure that it is soon on its way, and it will be fantastic :heart_eyes:.

Thatā€™s me being super positive :rofl:.

1 Like

Being a non Pro owner this would be great news for me. I expect the delay is waiting for Devialet to release new firmware. Roon AIR support will very likely require some firmware changes.

Wahoo!!!

itā€™s outā€¦

2 Likes