What Linux is the best, simplest for n00bs and alltogether the best performing?

Yeees, starting to get the hang of it … no longer 100% n00b, just 99%

3 Likes

:kissing_heart:

Got to love you @dabassgoesboomboom

What does this mean+

Is it perhaps two commands?

Try to separate the. Should be at curl …

Yes I showed it as 2 separate lines already:

Currently using the desktop, more friendle to my French nerves.

It halts on the following, copied from your comment above. Is something mispelled in that command line?

Need to see if the previous commands were successful or not. Cannot see everything previous, in your screenshot

Btw it is all from the Roon Knowledge Base:

Maybe this is easier to copy, paste and execute:
sudo apt install curl
sudo apt install -y cifs-utils
sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
curl -O http://download.roonlabs.com/builds/roonserver-installer-linuxx64.sh
chmod +x roonserver-installer-linuxx64.sh
sudo ./roonserver-installer-linuxx64.sh
sudo apt install -f
sudo reboot
……
each line is a command to copy/paste and execute

1 Like

Can I start all over, from the lines you have. Nothing will interfere?

Yes, you can repeat the commands

1 Like

Hi, halted at the same place:

There is something not right with this command line. It stops/halts exactly at the same place as the one from @dabassgoesboomboom

I can’t make sense of it all … :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Try with this command:

curl -O https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/roonbridge-installer-linuxx64.sh

It’s ‘roonlabs.net’, not ‘roonlabs.com’…

BTW, it’s all on the relevant Roon Help Page, step by step…

3 Likes

Well spotted. I had copied from my personal notes, which are a few years old.

This must have changed :smile:

Slow down?
Step Back?
Relax?
Read?
Try to
Take your time?
Try to understand?

You know you are talking to a full fledged autistic individual?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Beautiful, it made all the difference! :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Yes, I think so… But that’s why there are installation instructions on the help pages; to read and execute these steps requires from users nothing more than the willingness to do so and to keep calm. This is supposed to be fun, not stress…

2 Likes

God damn, I should be able to trust you! :wink: :upside_down_face:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

These things are, I am afrid, nothing fun. It is stressful, however good intentions you guys have. I am autistic and the word calm is not translatable to my brain. Anything a computer does is logic, except to my brain, that is far from logical, but much more intuitive. Not in the social skills area, where I am afraid to admit sometimes stand out as a jerk/ass, but when it comes the abstractions like physics I suddenly !see". I am a cable and mains filter designer at Jorma Audio. I understand the logic of materials and galvanic interactions, while most people think I am far out. It does not make sense to most other humans, but for me it is a very relaxing way to occupy brain hours. My final edition for the US market is standing in the residence lounge dining area (my wife is away) and I cruise around it as casual as I am capable to decide wether it is done ot not.

The sonic impact is extraordinary, my bosses are so excited and the first series sample will be exhibited i Norway during a high-end exhibition this weekend.

You can’t be good at all things, but happy to be doing alright at some other areas.

3 Likes