What percentage of your music (roon and non-roon) music is in each media?

I own about
400 LPs and 12 inch singles
1400 CDs
10 SACDs
10 music DVDs
2000 albums added in Tidal

1 Like

LP’s = 0
CD’s= 0
SACD’s = 0
DVD’s = 0
Tidal = 630 (linked albums)
Qobuz = 630 (linked albums)

1 Like

I gave up on LPs about two years ago because of the storage space requirements. I had hundreds. I miss them. But it allow me to sell my analog set up. They were just dominating the space on my room. After that I ripped all my SACDs and sold them for about $10 each. I had about 350 of them. That allowed me to sell my SACD player. I them bought a good CD transport. I have about 2000 CDs but all have been ripped and stored on a NAS. So that means all my music is available in Roon. I am in my fourth year on Roon and don’t ever want to give it up.

1 Like

I have all the CD media. I really don’t give a hoot about the 350 SACDs. Who cares if that’s legal or not?

Depends on territory and approach to risk I think.

Approx.

~300 LPs and singles
~1,000 CDs (still not ripped all of them)
< 10 music DVDs
2,086 albums on TIDAL and increasing weekly

This year I’ve bought 4 or 5 CDs and/ or digital downloads plus one DVD because they weren’t available on TIDAL.

Maybe the artist (appart from everybody else in the music delivery chain) not receiving one penny from te customer’s purchase
Dirk

1 Like

The artist got it from the original purchase. In fact 100% of my SACDs were already in my CD collection so the original artist got it twice from me. As far as I am concerned he made it twice from me. What happens after that just happens.

2 Likes

So you are saying it’s selective. Pot is not legal here in NJ either but sometimes…

1 Like

Now now boys. Let’s not get into moral compasses.

2 Likes

Good for you. To each his own I suppose.

1 Like

My wife constantly asks why we are hanging on to the CDs. Apart from the 10 she plays on rotation…

1 Like

Total = 7,660

65% = CD/SACD
20% = LP/12" singles
09% = MP3/AAC (music I no longer own physically)
04% = 7"/10" singles and EPs
02% = Qobuz/Tidal in Roon

1 Like

LP 2500+
(Sold all my 45’s in my early 20’s - vast majority were rare then & even rarer today :cry:)
CD 3500+
Digital: Roon tells me 4953 flac albums on my NAS drive (currently. I have another hard drive that contained the bulk of my CD rips, I’m yet to go through it since going mostly digital)

I just unsubscribed from Tidal earlier this month after about 6 months of use (or should I say: largely unused). I didn’t find it overly useful, other than listening to some brand new releases.

1 Like

SACD : 395
CD : 1321
Digital download: 227
Qobuz: 1514

Dirk

1 Like

I didn’t know there were that many SACDs!

More than 10000 according to SA-CD.net

Dirk

1 Like

Analog:

• LP: 1500+
  • Singles: 500+

Digital:

• CD: 1000+ all ripped
  • HiRes Downloads: 50
  • linked: ??

100% digital, of which
60% cd/lp rips and digital downloads
40% streaming

Album (not disc) numbers:

Digital (LL): lossless albums (bandcamp, qobuz, Hyperion, chandos, klicktrack, …)

Almost all physical media are digitized and nicely presented in Roon. :slight_smile:

I’m currently not using the streaming service integration of Roon.

2 Likes