What we are listening to [2017]

My first High Res purchase.
BTW - On HD Tracks they have a New Release Date of 2016. I have noticed this for several albums I purchased a few years ago and was wondering what the difference would be if any from earlier releases on HD Tracks…

1 Like

I’m in my 2 week trial period, listening to Brahms symphony #2 on Radio Classique (Paris). My Core is on a Mac Mini, controller is a MacBook Pro. Lovin’ it. If there is such a thing as “must-have software”, this must be it.

1 Like

Listening to the MQA version of this from Tidal and loving it, a definite step up from my CD rip.

3 Likes

Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Head On

2 Likes

Inspired by SJB’s Yo La Tengo post… David Gray, with the lights down and a glass of Barolo :wine_glass:

3 Likes

David Bowie - Young Americans

3 Likes

Thanks @scolley ! Enjoying this very much. Particularly liked the Trampled Underfoot version.

1 Like

De nada Andybob. Not a big 'Zep fan myself, but that album is making me re-think that. :wink:

1 Like

Fireball by Deep Purple, I havnt listened to this since I was in my Teens. Sounds great via Tidal Masters even undecoded for MQA. Certainly better than I remember it in the good ole days of Vinyl, 8 Track and Cassette.

This is really Rockin’ out here. Sorry, non of you will have this but go see Janet play if you can.

I took the picture at the gig too as I was videoing.

The review is certainly spot on for this, sounding as spooky in 2017 as it did in 1968, yes, 50 years ago, more or less.

What an album.

Ba Doom, Ba Doom, Ba Doom, Ba Doom.

SJB

2 Likes

Presumably this has something to do with volume controls on a HAT ?

1 Like

The Cars - Candy-O

3 Likes

though… not sure I can make it through :stuck_out_tongue:

A recent discovery. Beautiful. AllMusic hears traces of Jackson Browne and Neil Young, I would add to that Ryan Adams and Damien Rice.

1 Like

I seem to have found myself in 1973 tonight without setting out to do so.

He looked a lot like Ché Guevara, drove a diesel van…

SJB.

5 Likes

Fine Young Cannibals - The Raw & the Cooked

1 Like