What we are listening to [2017]

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Shuffling the Glam Rock genre; I generally get a better mix shuffling by genre than I do by just playing radio mode.

1 Like

Last night it was a beautiful South Australian summer evening, the windows were open wide and the cicadas were going for it. A glass of wine was in hand. Perfect soundtrack. Thanks @Sloop_John_B and others.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I love tracing unexpected relationships.
I was listening to this, after recommendation here:

Didn’t know the accordionist, Peirani, added several albums from Tidal, including:

Includes NguyĂȘn LĂȘ, who I had recently discovered, among others in E.L.B.

Peter Erskine is in 27 albums in my library, from Weather Report to cerebral ECM stuff to lots of other interesting stuff.
Erskine and LĂȘ also performed on

The composer is Erskine-Sven TĂŒĂŒr, who also composed some pieces that riff on work by Carlo Gesualdo

Gesualdo (1566 - 1633) is worth a Wikipedia look, avant-garde composer and rogue.

Keeps me up all night

2 Likes

I know exactly what you mean @AndersVinberg, I have an ever growing list of material to listen to and not enough hours in the day! :relaxed:

When I was looking at Peirani I came across this:

Accordion and cello. Unusual combination.
Of course brings to mind the fabulous Anja Lechner and Dino Saluzzi on the same instruments:
http://i.imgur.com/6BZDPaD.png
Lechner also plays with the accordionist Jean-Louis Matinier, e.g. In the Tarkovsky Quartet:

But Matinier also did this excellent album with Marco Ambrosini:

A French accordionist is not so unusual, they have the musette tradition, but Ambrosini is an Italian who plays a nyckelharpa, a Swedish folk instrument that is a keyed violin. How did that happen?

2 Likes

Great suggestion
spinning it right now :grinning:

A great Album, but if you get a chance to see them or Ben Glover live. Take it.

1 Like

7 Likes

“Zep” ought to be its’ own genre

That is certainly true Michael.

My Favorite Zep album.

1 Like

And mine. :slight_smile:

Nikolaus Harnoncourt passed away one year ago.

2 Likes