What we are listening to [2018]

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

6 Likes

Been listening to these new albums and will be listening to them for the rest of the day, when I can.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Columbia Records/Legacy Recordings will release in November, the Bob Dylan box set that fans have really been waiting for. More Blood, More Tracks: The Bootleg Series Vol. 14 will be available as a six-CD set that includes “every surviving take” (including the complete New York sessions) from the 1974 studio recordings made by Bob Dylan which resulted in his 1975 classic Blood On The Tracks.

Described by the label as a ‘strictly limited’ deluxe set, this six-disc package features alternate versions of ‘Tangled Up In Blue’ , ‘Simple Twist Of Fate’ and ‘Shelter From The Storm’ and offers up a total of over 70 previously unreleased recordings! The 6CD deluxe of More Blood, More Tracks (there is also a 2LP vinyl and a single CD edition) includes the complete New York sessions in chronological order, including outtakes, false starts and ‘studio banter’.

The reissue producers have worked from best sources available, in most cases utilising the original multi-track session tapes. The only recordings remaining from the Minneapolis sessions are the multi-track masters of the five performances included on the finished Blood On The Tracks album, although these have been remixed and remastered for the deluxe edition.

Packaging looks to be consistent with previous Bootleg Series deluxe editions and features a hardcover book with sleeve notes by Jeff Slate, photographs, and most excitingly a complete reproduction of one of Dylan’s legendary handwritten 57 page notebooks, where you can follow the lyrical development of the songs that would eventually comprise Blood On The Tracks.

7 Likes

The Eagles created an indelible musical legacy over an extraordinary career that spans more than 40 years and includes six number one albums, more than a dozen Top 40 hits, and six GRAMMY Awards. LEGACY will bring together all the music that made the Eagles one of the best-selling bands in music history in one extraordinary collection.

Grammy-winning mastering engineer Bob Ludwig remastered Hell Freezes Over and Millennium Concert especially for LEGACY. Both albums – along with several tracks from the Singles and B-Sides compilation – are being released on HighResAudio for the first time ever.

LEGACY follows the Eagles through the different stage of the band’s storied career, from the country-rock of early albums like Desperado and the superstar success of Hotel California, to the band’s 1994 reunion Hell Freezes Over and its most-recent studio album, 2005’s Long Road Out of Eden. All of the band’s hits, deep cuts and fan favorites are here, including “Take It Easy,” “Already Gone,” “Hotel California,” “Please Come Home For Christmas,” “Heartbreak Tonight” “No More Cloudy Days,” and “Get Over It.”

The Eagles - Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit, with Deacon Frey and Vince Gill – are in the midst of their extensive 2018 North American tour that began in March and continues through December.

3 Likes

Been looking forward to this. Just finished a first round of listening (single disc edition) – I can guess where most of my weekend is going…

1 Like

2 Likes

Interesting discussion of More Blood, More Tracks at The New York Times.
The reviewer speaks in detail about how the tracks evolved from the first recording, but finally concludes that Dylan was right with the final production choices.

Yeah – I agree with all of it, but I do have a special fondness for the New York sessions. It is great to experience the entire album in that context.

Looking forward to it.
Not on HDTracks or Tidal yet, here.

The ‘sampler’ is on Tidal here (look for it in the Tidal app). I bought the single disc high-res at Qobuz.

51cjwdImZIL

1 Like

9 Likes

RoonShareImage-636767718154268783

2 Likes

4 Likes