What We Are Listening To [2021-08]

No it doesn’t. It runs through the Pacific Ocean.

You are correct , date line is 180 degrees because it runs through least populated area I assume, and Greenwich is 0 degrees. So I could not have been more wrong

10 Likes

From my well-spent youth. Mr. Samuel “Lightnin’” Hopkins.

8 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it - phenomenal playing, and the recording SQ is outstanding.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip - will certainly give this a spin.

Yes, there are lot of great artists here in Canada - if you haven’t already, here’s a couple of recent Canadian discoveries of mine that I have enjoyed very much:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Heres’ a fantastic new release of violin and harpsichord sonatas by French Baroque composers Jean-Baptiste Senaillé and Jean-Marie Leclair. Leclair is well known but Senaillé is virtually unknown today. Both travelled widely in Europe and were strongly influenced by the Italian violin virtuosi Corelli and Vivaldi.

Harpsichordist Willam Christie and violinist Théotime Langlois de Swarte beautifully convey both the dance rhythms and the almost vocal-like violin lines of these sonatas, and their interplay is simply lovely.

RoonShareImage-637634152194899000

7 Likes

5 Likes

Very beautiful! I saw your recommendation and was able to use my cellphone to download the album on Spotify… I’m amazed how technology helps us to be in touch and to listen to the most beautiful music, even if lost in the wilderness. Thanks!!

1 Like

Welcome back! I have missed your listening recommendations.

1 Like

Thanks! Still no Roon for me… some time this week I’ll be back in town for some days. In the meantime I can recommend the previous 2020 release by Théotime Langlois together with Thomas Dunford on lute… The Mad Lover is a gorgeous album with English baroque music.

2 Likes

Just outstanding!..

13 Likes

13 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to the new BBT album - doesn’t disappoint.

4 Likes

14 Likes

5 Likes

Great suggestion from @eclectic - this is really, really excellent - highly recommended. Bought a couple of her albums from Bandcamp - always happy to support Canadian artists.

4 Likes

4 Likes