What We Are Listening To [2021-09]

A wonderful album in the unusual genre of Shoegaze meets Black Metal. Much more Shoegaze than Black Metal though.

4 Likes

8 Likes

5 Likes

Old school this morning!

5 Likes

10 Likes

You can’t go wrong with Live at the Regal @AceRimmer . It kills me every time I hear the women in the audience lose it when he sings “I gave you seven children, and now you want to give 'em back!” He had them in the palm of his hand!

This one competes with Live at the Regal as a favorite for me!

13 Likes

Let’s a line up I can get into! I highly recommend this one if you’re into another helping of the Velvet Underground!

https://i.imgur.com/ULY2OrX.png

Some of this material was released on The Complete Matrix Tapes and (I think) one of The Super Deluxe sets. But on the Quine Tapes their sonic assault completely swamps out the input on the portable tape machine. I feel like it probably provides a more accurate reflection of what it was like to withstand The Velvets in person. I love this stuff - let me know what you think if you decide to spin it up. :fist:

8 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

I do a forced back up weekly as I have had hard drive failures before now on P.C.’s and know what a pain it is to get sorted.
I tend to do it after a listening session and just click on the backup and leave it to do its thing so takes barely a minute to start the back up. Have back up to two different drives as well, one to Nas and another to an external hard drive that is unplugged from power supply as soon as back up is done, just as an extra precaution.
Anyone who doesn’t ,maybe start off doing it after your next listening session.

1 Like

Who can keep still?? Sure you’re human?

6 Likes

Boom boom boom…

10 Likes

Should appeal to Jazz, Fusion or even Prog fans.

There is another album by them too. Both are on Qobuz and worth a listen.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Added both to my library, will give them a listen later tonight.
Thank you!

A female saxo player, great! Thanks for posting!

11 Likes

6 Likes

You’re welcome!

There are a lot of excellent female saxophone players these days:

Alexa Tarantino, Allison Neale, Melissa Aldana, Cecilie Strange, Charlotte Greve, etc.

I regularly check their work. It’s a fascinating time for Jazz.

Also, an all female band is ARTEMIS, with their latest album (or first album) Artemis. Do check it out, they play a fascinating interpretation of Lee Morgan‘s The Sidewinder.

1 Like

Thanks, this is already in my database! Will check out the other players, though…