What We Are Listening To [2021-09]

Agreed, her jazz sides for Emarcy are terrific. I’m especially fond of this one, featuring Clifford Brown and Max Roach, with Miss D really ripping loose on the jams.

RoonShareImage-637685499248916650

9 Likes

Enjoyed this earlier - pure genius. Such lovely guitar work.

16 Likes

For me also a very great musician

1 Like

Melodic doom, Interesting because singer is Martina Horváth from Thy Catafalque.

1 Like

Excellent album, of course I have it on vinyl… :innocent:

2 Likes

Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights

A classic with classically hilarious lyrics… and stuff.

7 Likes

Most excellent jazz Fusion work.

4 Likes

handpicked to listen again

4 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

I have never listened to this album, but know all these songs.
Amazing how I can smell the 74 Impala I heard these in as a kid. Plastic seat covers and all.
Thank you.

3 Likes

To this I can only reply with Crazy. Great musicians and surprising music style

4 Likes

If you’re in the mood for some sensitive soulful piano/saxophone jazz then I think you’ll enjoy this. Don’t be too influenced by the album cover.

6 Likes

Funny, but I had overlooked them for years and only discovered them by random on Deezer a few years ago. Thanks now it rocks here again

1 Like

Had the opportunity to meet with Stevie Wonder some years ago. My wife (no longer here) had been a fan since she was a teenager and worked at the hotel where he was staying while on tour. She met Stevie’s daughter at the hotel and during conversation one thing led to another and through Stevies daughter Stevie then organised to meet my wife. He was so generous with his time. They spent and hour or more talking and comparing their experiences growing up etc and he insisted we come along to his show that evening. We met with him following the show and it was a magical experience. He’s a really genuine and nice human being.

9 Likes

That is a really cool story! Whenever I hear positive things like this about artists it makes me want to listen to them even more! Stevie Wonder was a very gifted artist, thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637685858018195182

11 Likes

I love Stevie so much as he’s uber-talented. I could never figure out why he stayed with Motown records who was famous for their poor recordings. I’m amazed that Stevie would not want better…Still have every one of his records though…clear back when he was known as Little Stevie! I saw him in concert at the Shoreline Amphitheater a little over 10 years ago. His daughter came on stage and performed much to the delight of the audience! She has a fair set of pipes herself!!!

1 Like

Looking forward to his new Album.

RoonShareImage-637686252719767500

1 Like

Born on this day 1622.
RoonShareImage-637685929848533804

7 Likes