What We Are Listening To [2021-10]

Gabriel Fauré’s late Op.120 Piano Trio is one easily overlooked little gem… I love the version by the French Trio Karénine. The album by Le Sage, Tharaud, Pahud and Colombet is filled with treasure. Recommended!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Got tickets to see Villagers in Manchester on Friday night, first live music in for-ages and properly psyched for it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Enjoy it, I have been enjoying the new album.

Sadly I had tickets for Elbow and Biffy Clyro last month, but I didn’t make either as rescheduled for when I was away on holiday.

I am looking forward to heading back to concert’s but the wife is nervous, so I will have to leave her at home :relaxed::grin:

2 Likes

As if you were in charge… :rofl:

4 Likes

My attempt to listen to this has ended in tears. Roon’s search results for Trio Parnassus yields this discography:

while a search on Qobuz reveals the following (and much more).

Adding the album on Qobuz changes nothing, this is a pretty big miss :frowning:

1 Like

First time listening to Benda - a most enjoyable set.

3 Likes

I am sorry… but there truly are times one wishes to give up on the inconsistency and ever-lurking source of frustration called ‘Roon’…

2 Likes

If you’d like to explore some more music by Georg Anton Benda, have a listen… Benda’s descendant Christian Benda directing the Prague Sinfonia…

8 Likes

:roll_eyes::shushing_face:
Ok I don’t mind you knowing that, just don’t tell the others :rofl:

5 Likes

Thanks, added to my Tidal library.

I’ve been married for long enough to very well know that there’s no way a guy who wouldn’t be allowed to take his vinyl out of the attic could leave SWMBO at home and go out frolicking at a concert, without immediate and extremely serious punishment. FWIW, because of my love for music I have been declared a nutter more than once… and just maybe she is right… :rofl:

5 Likes

I recognise the sentiment and hear it fairly regularly at home :grin:

1 Like

So let’s just get back doing something sensible, and please turn down the volume so the music floats somewhere and imperceptibly in the background, for the subconscious to take proper account of it…

1 Like

5 Likes

One of my all time favourite albums, sounding even better than ever in hi-res. Tim Renwick’s guitar work is fantastic.

14 Likes

Yes, love this album as well.

1 Like

Having started a thread about two albums that I bought on Bandcamp, it seems rude to not listen to them. This one is very familiar to me, but there’s something strangely comforting about having it in my local library. It doesn’t matter if my internet connection drops out, nothing will keep me from my listening pleasure!

4 Likes

RoonShareImage-637695582794209785

2 Likes

3 Likes