2 Likes

I’ve never heard it, so on it goes.
Thanks.

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/fY9wKZX.png

3 Likes

Hope you enjoy it Paul!

1 Like

The violin concerto Distant Light (1996–97) by the Latvian composer Pēteris Vasks is a modern classic—in recent years several recordings have been released. Quite understandably so, as the music is hauntingly beautiful and meditative. These days, exploring the English-Dutch violinist Daniel Rowland’s discography, I stumbled upon his interpretation of this work, recorded live at the Dutch Stift Music Festival and released one year ago. It is a wonderful interpretation which will be played often at my place. The album also whets my appetite to listen further into the works by Vasks.

4 Likes

So many great interpretations of the masterful work of Jackson Browne.

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-637694970735499562

2 Likes

I did. I’m going to listen to more of their offerings at some point as well. Thanks for the share.

1 Like

2 Likes

4 Likes

Been listening to a lot of Haken lately.

6 Likes

3 Likes

One of my recent purchases on bandcamp. Very nice 70s country-rock album. The country influences get a bit toned down on the last two tracks.

1 Like

Erich Wolfgang Korngold (1897–1957) was a child prodigy—Gustav Mahler called him a ‘genius’ when he was just 9 years old. He composed his Piano Trio Op.1 when 12 years old, causing sensation in the Vienna musical circles.

Trio Parnassus may be the most prestigious piano trio from Germany. They have released many recordings on the MD&G label, exploring both the classic repertoire and rarely heard works from forgotten composers. Their rendition of Korngold’s precocious work is second to none.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Other than Donna’s expert display of discordant singing on Sunrise, it’s a good show.
RoonShareImage-637695343188102479

3 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes