What We Are Listening To [2021-12]

Thank you, you can only find something like this with the community.

https://play.qobuz.com/artist/35245

3 Likes

What a great selection, so fitting here at the beginning of December. :100: :hearts:

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637739831624478905

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-637739858341191462

16 Likes

RoonShareImage-637739895809355879

6 Likes

1979 the Tarney-Spencer Band from Australia released their third and last album, “Run For Your Life”.

tarney spencer

Song of choice: “The Tarney-Spencer Band - No Time To Lose (1979) - YouTube

4 Likes

5 Likes

Some great choices so far in December guys!!

I’m going for something Christmasy, although accusations of it being too early are probably accurate

This is such a great recording

9 Likes

6 Likes

This Mortal Coil - Blood.

Robbie Basho. What do people think of this guy’s output? Sometimes I can listen to him all day, whilst other times I get irritated after 5 minutes :confused:

7 Likes

8 Likes

A little bit more B&S for me tonight. Just too irresistible!

RoonShareImage-637740002301123830

9 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/D1Buucf.png

"…collection of ten bewitchingly charming and perfectly formed melodic treasures.

There is not a moment on this album where you would want to skip a song, or feel that a song doesn’t have a place. Our Love will Never Die could have been written by Harvest Moon era Neil Young, the song that gives the album its title is just one of the highlights, but this is a collection of songs that works so well as a whole piece. There may be that melancholic undertone, but this is not a sad album. It is an uplifting album that pulls you in and allows you to reflect on your life. Ultimately it feels like an album of love and humanity, one that displays a real feeling of tenderness and affection for friends and loved ones. A message of caring." [The Ginger Quiff]

2 Likes

Looks great - completely agree about Il Giardino Armonico. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Such a great prog band - their albums are hard to track down, but very much worth it for the mellow/neo prog aficionados among you (you know who you are!).

4 Likes

This is a wonderful rendition of the Brahms violin concert… Masterful playing by Kavakos…

16 Likes

RoonShareImage-637739913078718087

8 Likes

16 Likes

It is, I have it on vinyl.

Time to give a play, forgot about it until seeing this post.

6 Likes