What We Are Listening To [2021-12]

:christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree:

Ok, so this is happening in earnest it would seem…

4 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

A symbolic image to the work

© Laut: (excerpt) In England, as is well known, there is no stinginess with hypes. But as far as Foals (“Foals”) are concerned, they are justified, if not obligatory! Even if keyboarder Edwin Congreave sees it rather critically: “Hype is like a fever. It makes you feel ill,” says the Brit in an interview.

art
Here you appear like the rockers and yet it’s all much more
alternative and independent what they do

Their musical mix of pop, minimal techno and rock, alternatively called math-rock, dance-punk or art-rock, reveals various influences, but mainly that of the US-American minimal music composer and pioneer Steve Reich. Singer Philippakis also likes to listen to Radiohead and is a self-confessed Sweep The Leg Johnny fan.

I rediscovered this version in my collection and am thrilled.

Total Life Forever

Foals

Erschienen bei WM UK am 7. Mai 2010

Alternativ und Indie • 27 Tracks • 01h 25m 09s

27 Track-Version Qobuz

5 Spanish Sahara 06:49

2 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

5 Likes

I agree but hard to track down online.
Qobuz has nothing and Tidal has just four tracks that I culled off various artists albums.
Guess I need to buy the CD,s at this stage.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is the fourth installment of the German Armida Quartett’s ongoing release series of the complete Mozart string quartets. And a great cycle it is! If you desire to re-discover Mozart’s quartets, give these albums a listen… This is historically informed playing based on the Urtext edition—warm, musical, nuanced, with perfect intonation and rhythmical finesse.

If I have counted correctly, with this album 16 of the 23 Mozart quartets have been released. It was announced that in 2021 the release cycle would be completed, and in 2022 the box set is to be released.

Just saw this on their website:

With Volume 4 of its complete recording of the Mozart string quartets, the Armida Quartet is coming into earshot of the finishing line for its most exceptional recording project to date – exceptional for the reason that while making it, each of the four musicians has meticulously analysed his or her individual part in the autograph manuscript and compared it with previous printed editions. In this way, a new urtext edition in four volumes has come into being alongside the recording, in collaboration with the manuscript expert Wolf-Dieter Seiffert. The Armida Quartet’s CD edition will be completed in the coming April with the concluding Volume 5.

One interesting aspect of the Armida’s recording project is the cooperation with the German Urtext publisher of the Mozart quartets, the G. Henle Verlag. Not only are the artists consultants for the publisher, but make their fingerings and bowings available.

12 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

cannot abide christmas music…but I will make a Kate exception…

1 Like

Mr Bowie Heathen

10 Likes

11 Likes

12 Likes

RoonShareImage-637740341492275232

8 Likes

2 Likes

“The mood of Polish melancholy”

12 Likes

Because why would the song named soup be on the album of that name?
RoonShareImage-637740390360804077

3 Likes