What We Are Listening To [2021-12]

2 Likes

Found by Roon Radio

1 Like

Always a pleasure to revisit this classic.

RoonShareImage-637752088651620080

10 Likes

10 Likes

Last night it was one Grizzly Bear album after another, tonight it seems to be Arcade Fire.

For me this is the last of their great albums (to date).

RoonShareImage-637752128793684790

9 Likes

A recent discovery, and a very fine one it is
 I wasn’t aware of the French ensemble AkadĂȘmia and its wonderful recordings to explore

7 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

A real obscure blast from the past - haven’t listened in ages, but always liked this album when it came out. Bet not too many other folks on here have this :face_with_monocle:.

4 Likes

I shall take refuge in this thread away from the “weeping and gnashing of teeth” that seems to follow every Roon update!

I don’t listen to enough Iron & Wine. This album sees Sam Beam take it back to basics. I need neither weep nor gnash my teeth as I listen to this.

4 Likes

Excellent album, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a band with this few listeners on spotify :joy:

1 Like

http://www.abbihuebner.de/

We in Germany remember this great artist with pleasure. I think he did not aspire to a world career, but should be heard everywhere.

I’ll do likewise and get listening to a large backlog of recommendations here. FWIW my anecdotal experience is pretty good with the new version. Not leaned on search too heavily yet but for me, the network reliability seems much improved. Uninterrupted 192 kHz streaming over HomePlug while working has never (rarely?) been possible before :slight_smile: Might all go wrong yet. Giving this a tentative listen.

https://i.imgur.com/PAtSSHG.png

7 Likes

Some good old fashion soulful blues playing here!

2 Likes

By way of this recently released album I became aware of the French-Belgian harpsichordist Frédérick Haas. After receiving diplomas at both the Amsterdam and Brussels conservatories and a musicology title at the Sorbonne, he went on to start a concert and recording career as soloist and with the ensemble Ausonia, founded in 1998 together with the Rumanian violinist Mira Glodeanu. Haas teaches harpsichord at the Royal Conservatorium of Brussels.

On many of his solo recordings Haas plays on a magnificent 1751 harpsichord built by Henri Hemsch. Hemsch was born in 1700 near Cologne, Germany, as Johann Heinrich Hemsch. In 1728 he crossed into France, where he apprenticed for six years with another emigrated German instrument maker. After this he set up his own workshop and became known as one of the preeminent Parisian instrument makers. Only five of his instruments survive today.

This double-CD album is the third release by Haas with Couperin’s harpsichord music. I am fond of well-played and well-recorded harpsichord music, and I really love how on this recording the sound seems to linger on, even after the dampers have come down upon the chords. This is a wonderful resonant instrument.

hemsch

8 Likes

Really good listen here, great voice!

5 Likes

Double bill, double Neil and double good

16 Likes

60 degrees and sunny. Still trying to get in the spirit

7 Likes

It’s supposed to be snowing here and it’s 60 degreess :expressionless:
All of this changing weather gets my sinuses all riled up!
Also, I can’t tell if it’s the picture or not but nice tiny cup :+1:

2 Likes