What we are listening to [2022-03]

RoonShareImage-637831518920644785

A temporary change of direction. Love synthwave.

1 Like

Sigur Ros. Tickets for the UK dates are on pre sale NOW. I got two balcony tickets for Manchester, so I guess they are selling fast!!!

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-637831533319489796

Recently purchased the David Zinman Arte Nova / RCA box for a really nice price and am very impressed. This Schumann symphony cycle is superb. DZ like Leonard Slatkin never receives much love from various forums I read but does so from critics.

3 Likes

You’re better than Mrs. D :slight_smile: Anyways, presale gone now so will have to take my chances tomorrow. Am tempted by the Zenith in Paris…

Many thanks…

2 Likes

Good luck. Manchester may be a little nearer that Paris…and cheaper.

1 Like

I quite like taking in venues and it’s on my list. I’ve seen SR in Manchester before…

1 Like

Big guitar sound with a hint of Americana at times, performed in a style that begs to be live. Rich harmonized vocals, with lyrics that examine the turbulent times we’ve endured over the past two years. Contemporary sound…yet also a throwback to the great guitar rock of the 70s. RIYL: Tom Petty, R.E.M., Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Byrds, or any 70s guitar rock.
— Francis [KZSU Stanford 90.1 FM]

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637831594733289680 1

5 Likes

Big Marillion fan here (both Fish and post-Fish), and I would tend to agree with you. The companion live album from the Clutching at Straws tour is seriously good.

6 Likes

Short but sweet is Real to Reel…I have a mint Dutch pressing and it’s right up there with classic Fish era Marillion at their finest.

3 Likes

Agreed, also an outstanding live Marillion release.

2 Likes

Who doesn’t like a bit of Boz every now and then?

10 Likes

3 Likes

François Couperin’s music is beautiful… very much so. Although composed for harpsichord, of course there is no shortage of renditions on modern piano. Of these, this album by the French Alexandre Tharaud stands out both for the selection of pieces and the interpretation. For all those who can’t stand the plucked harpsichord sound, here’s the opportunity to not miss out on Couperin’s music. And for all others this makes for a great change of pace.

9 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

RoonShareImage-637831452121120324

11 Likes

5 Likes