What We Are Listening To [2022-08]

@Rockhound: Should this be an inspiration for my new look? :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: Gabriel at his absolute best IMHO.

1 Like

Just had my massive project by putting in a gasket between the concrete ceiling and speaker mounts (for 9 speakers). Planned for 1 year, finally at the early hours of the night to Monday I got it done (this is not normal). Noticed while tapping on the speaker mounts that they made sound.

Good that have this channel for inspiration for work music :slight_smile:

Question to myself: why do I always have to initiate these things at the weirdest hours?

4 Likes

13 Likes

RoonShareImage-637955183803664230

6 Likes

14 Likes

40 years ago tonight - We would haul a Weber up to Alpine and tailgate before the shows - good times!

6 Likes

12 Likes

Female vocalist day

2 Likes

Amazing Alping Valley is still going strong. I tended toward Poplar Creek (it was closer), but it’s no more. Last show I saw there was in '94.

Superb album which I have on Vinyl (along with the rest of the Be-bop Deluxe albums)…
I hope you’re recovering from “the bug.” :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

3 Likes

I’m having a few ups and downs but hoping to have got over the worst of it.
This week will tell…
:+1:

1 Like

Never listened to her before

Needlessly messianic

6 Likes

Alt country time

4 Likes

3 Likes

A superfan told me the
Band disliked this album due to the production but I like it. They were a good live act, though drunker than the audience :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Agreed - it is pretty amazing - A real survivor - I was pretty sure Poplar Creek was going to initiate the demise of Alpine, but it was not so… Then the place in Tinley Park - I do believe there were some lean years at Alpine - I remember seeing that it was for sale a few years ago - Somehow it just keeps chugging along…

3 Likes

Take a sample or two

2 Likes

Amazing new release by the Czech Wihan Quartet, certainly one of the top string quartets at this moment. The program presents well-loved pieces, as if ‘by popular demand’. Both Smetana’s quartet From My Life and Dvorák’s American Quartet are probably the best known and most popular of their respective string quartet output. But… when I listened to this album for the first time, it really was as if I had never heard these pieces before. Never like this, anyway. Not only have veils been lifted (no–not by snake oil, but by a recording technically very well done!), but rhythms accentuated, dynamics and interpretative details adjusted, so that I find this a wonderful addition to my library.

The second movement ‘alla Polka’ of Smetana’s From My Life had my feet tapping, and only a few minutes later, the third movement begins with a cello solo that made me shudder with the creepy impression that the cello player, ghostly invisible, was just in front of me…

So… if you are not allergic to the beauty of the sound of string quartets, have a listen!

8 Likes