What We Are Listening To [2022-08]

5 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

4 Likes

Well, that’s now some rather heavy fare… For me, listening to Lieder recitals is an acquired taste. Only in the last couple of years I was able to discover the subtle beauty in this music.

Lately, when in the right mood, I listen to one or other album from German baritone Matthias Goerne’s Schubert cycle, released between 2008 and 2014 on Harmonia Mundi. Mostly very fine interpretations, sung with beautiful timbre.

3 Likes

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-637955595920662480

3 Likes

2 Likes

My great uncle liked them and used to play them when I visited on occasion. His real passion was opera and light opera which I also dabble in. The Quartet Wihan album really is very nice isn’t it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, it’s fantastic!

Edit: I only now realize that you had posted this album last Friday… I had forgotten and overlooked that detail. Apologies!

1 Like

Cream was one of many groups I only had a “Greatest Hits” album of. Streaming has opened up so many artists’ entire music catalogues to me!

12 Likes

No worries, it’s impossible to keep tabs on everything posted currently. Probably a good thing overall.

1 Like

He who cooks has the kitchen sounds

5 Likes

9 Likes

This is a nice cover of this ABBA song

The album is titled “Cover Version”. There’s some good tracks on this. :+1:

6 Likes

I need to listen to this as the Blancmange version has become what my mind goes to when I think of this song, and not the original Abba version.

1 Like

Beautiful any time anywhere. Here in my brothers place in The Aude in France it’s sublime. Maybe the copious wine, great food and company I don’t care it’s just perfect.

6 Likes

5 Likes

I’ll have to check out the version you refer to. I’m only familiar with the ABBA version.