What We Are Listening To [2022-08]

Unfortunately I never really got to have a proper listen to George’s material until shortly after his premature death. While the media attempted to crucify him for a misdemeanour, his talent, sensitivity & humanity shone through.

Jumping around a bit tonight, auditioning the U2 mini.

8 Likes

Great track on a great album.

3 Likes

that’s my fave track on the album.
(Strummin’ a Chet Atkins)

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Love a bit of D&N. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

When in France. Yes I know he’s Belgian. Has the same feel.

5 Likes

6 Likes

When an album sits in your library you can forget how good it is. And then you press Play!

6 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

RoonShareImage-637949723278038352

4 Likes

RIYL: Kate Bush; Siouxsie and the Banshees

1 Like

César Franck’s rarely heard symphonic poem Les Djinns in a fantastic new recording released last May. De Williencourt is still very young, but on these Franck pieces he is brilliant.

9 Likes

OK, this has jumped right to the top of my list of best releases of 2022 (so far). Just incredible - retro but bang up to date (think late 60s-early 70s psych/blues/folk rock with a tinge of retro-soul), and the lead singer has such a distinctive and captivating voice. An album that pretty much everyone should have in their collection. (Pro tip - if you are searching for it in e.g. Tidal [and you certainly should], you do need to include the umlaut on the “Sün”)

7 Likes

Well, that sounds like an invitation and I will put this on in the morning. I like ‘retro’; in fact I am very retro—mostly still stuck in the 1600s… :rofl:

6 Likes

Not sure that it is quite as retro at that Andreas, but hope you enjoy! I also love a lot of retro from the 16/1700s, often fueled by your inspirational and recherché suggestions :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sound quality is far from stellar but there aren’t many live takes of “We Can Talk”. Oh, it’s also Woodstock, so iconic…

7 Likes