What you want for the next Roon update 1.5?

1. Mobile solution
  2. MQA unfold
  3. Search that works with multiple disk sets - right now, search returns the group of disks that contains the search results, but does not go to the specific disk. I have several sets that have 50+ disks - no way I’m going to scroll through all 50+ disks to find which disk the search result is on!

+1 for integrated PDF display in Roon.

4 Likes
  1. Controls on iPhone lock screen so if I need to quickly skip a song while it’s on a playlist while having dinner or entertaining, I don’t have to unlock the phone, open the app, wait three seconds for it to load, then hit skip.

2. I don’t need to use Roon on mobile away from my WiFi, but it would be great to be able to see my playlists to share music ideas with friends while away from home.

Scheduled recording of internet radio
Better data and identification of classical music
Better stability of remotes and remote connections (i.e. android remote connection problems solved)
No loud pops at start-up
No drop-outs for DSD

Those sound like quite specific problems. Have you been onto support for help? Certainly I’m not experiencing these and I can’t say I’ve seen many referenced to this in the forum. Maybe you can get some assistance to debug these.

A way to quickly scroll through lists on my iPhone like letters on the edge so I can jump to artists starting with “M” outside of using the search box. iPad has it. Sonos has it. iOS music app has it. Please Roon. Add it.

3 Likes

Me too. I’m actually happy with Roon in the home, and not really looking for anything more from it. I would love to have access to my roon library on the road (ie streaming to my iPhone). Perhaps not update 1.5, but a later update. For now I use Plex to access my music library remotely. It works, but I would drop it in a second if Roon could replace it.

The ability to close down Roon when it is really time to go to bed :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you, for the reply!

I understand your points better now, and we are in agreement concerning what Roon is and ought to be. To me maintaining this direction and being the sharpest tool available is way more important than adding new functionality and trying to be all things to all people.

1 Like

+1 for:

• scrolling versus pagination
  • Portrait mode support on more devices
  • The ability to cache some music (like Tidal’s download for offline use) for remote playback

And just for fun, maybe some additional themes beyond simply light and dark - like for when you have (or are listening to) the blues!

1 Like

Chromecast support.
Better Squeezebox support, including Transporter display support.
Full Internet Radio support, including browsing by location and genre.
SiriusXM support.

What do you need that isn’t already provided?

The Transporter has A VFD. I would like to see more than a Roon logo when playing. Fonts would be nice. And working them into Roon would not be a heavy development lift. The LMS display routines are open source code.

The following post by Mike gives us hope for discogs metadata… :pray:

I asked for this a couple of years ago but no improvements and not a word about it from Roon Team…so let’s hope!

3 Likes

Yes all the three last ones have support threads, they are just taking a bit longer than what you would expect.

1 Like

I want Roon 1.5 to read my mind, know what I’d like but haven’t yet discovered, talk to me, tell me everything’s going to be all right, that I don’t have to worry.

10 Likes

I’ve not got my Transporter any more. I could be wrong, but I thought that text was added in Roon 1.2. Worth looking at the device settings configuration page.

Actually, it was anything but trivial.

My wishes

1. An intelligent and flexible radio and recommandation system

1a) Radio which also uses Tidal tracks not in the library
Would be great to discover new music
Configurable for radio, f.e. only 20% unknown tracks

1b) Radio with extended settings, Instead starting a radio only from one startpoint, give us the posibility to mix: 10% gospel, 20% never played, 20% from the 60s, …
Let as use and mix all the criterias you have in the focus filter. And such a radio can be saved as a bookmark.

1c) The ability to start a radio without interrupting the current track and queue
While playing a queue I often think “this is a great track, lets listen to a few similar tracks before continuing with the current queue”. So, it would be great to start a radio without interrupting playing and without reseting the queue.

1. Portrait mode on iPad

2. Move a selection of tracks in the queue

3 Likes

A floating mini window (like iTunes) for desktop/laptop, inc. basic controls, artwork, track/album/artist info

But maybe it’s already an option and am yet to find it…?

Priority no.1: more and better metadata.

More album art.

More reviews, from more sources.

More, more, more :grinning: