What you want for the next Roon update 1.5?

Hi All,

The devs mentioned to the mods a while ago that omnibus threads like this one have a tendency to become bloated and unwieldy and consequently difficult to parse for feedback.

Accordingly we’re going to put a 24 hour timer on this one while it’s young and pretty and capable of being relatively easily read. Please feel free to comment about what you would like for 1.5 in that time.

After this thread is closed the best way to provide feedback to the devs regarding future direction and features is to search the Feature Request section and either add to an existing thread or start a new one. The Feature Request section is monitored by the devs (although they may not comment on every thread) and those who have been here for a while will know that user feedback has played a large part in the ongoing development of Roon.

4 Likes

Radio function that plays from Tidal mixed with my library (% mix setting would be a bonus)
Some way to differentiate Masters (MQA) from Redbook (and MP3) within tidal
Deezer integration

1 Like

For me:

• Better iPhone app, current one is very slow to use - even just changing volume level when phone rings.

• I’ve been trying Tidal and not sold on it, so integration with some alternative would be great.

• Some way to write back to iTunes playlists as I use these on my mobile devices

• A way to sync straight from room to mobile so I don’t need iTunes.

Good luck guys!

I like the following ideas

• More upsampling filter choices
  • A proper internet radio interface
  • Better search function, particularly for tidal intergration
1 Like

Using the controller on my desktop (2013 Mac Pro) I would like to see a small “what’s playing” window that I can anchor at the top or bottom awhile I’m working on other things. Love the radio function but keep having to pull open a window to check what’s playing. A mini-window so to speak.

1 Like

Thanks. I will take a look at the device settings. Having track data displayed would be most welcome. And a way to actually power down the devices from the server end, just like LMS can.

But building in Chromecast support and full-featured Internet Radio (not a URL paste job) would really push this product to another level. We don’t always listen to 24-bit music on a big system.

Mobile solution
MQA unfold

And I wouldn’t mind them before 1.5. :slight_smile:

+1
Vertical scrolling with A-Z quick index jump and A-Z partition bars. Basically similar to Apple ios Contacts app layout.

Lots of people want Chromecast support, but it isn’t really what Roon is there to offer - great sound. Chromecast’s aren’t great DAC’s. A RaspPi/DAC is much better.

My big ask it to get serious about Internet Radio. The Roon interface is so good, what if we had the ability to browse internet radio stations by genre, bit rate, country, etc. Then simply click to listen or add to your “channels”. Much better than the cut/paste stuff.

Other than that, I am a happy user!

One nice little feature, well maybe not so little because it requires a further Tidal integration, is a like/dislike button/function/bookmark for Tidal content that has not been added to my library (yet)

i would like to have back the quick way to DSP settings through the player symbol on my pad. it`s gone with 1.4
now i have to navigate through the settings - audio - player - player settings - dsp engine
no big thing, but liked it more before

Me too. Don’t know why they changed it.

This is my number 1 request. +1

Ability to assign subset of library to different users. At the moment tags and/or focus can be used to view a subset but this does not limit search, radio functions.

How about something which allows a subset (defined using focus and/or tags functionality) to be saved and assigned to a user. Switching to that user then has full features of Roon (without the tags / focus selections showing) but music is restricted to the subset.

Just got a nuc, some raspberry Pi’s and a 218 up and running and I think Roon is already great. Some suggestions(maybe already available, but still learning)

An integrated alarm clock so you can wake up to high res tunes, radio at a time of you choice.

An easy quick way to tell which albums are MQA when performing an album/artist search with an iPhone

A way to integrate Roon/ROCK into a big screen telly

+1 for a selection of pre-loaded radio stations

Check out this extension courtesy of Jan Koudijs.

1 Like

Cheers Andrew!

Embedded PDF reader for booklets, please! I don’t want to have to exit from Roon to see them…:sob:

1 Like
  1. Box Set handling
  2. Grouping composition re-visions (e.g. grouping complete ballet & ballet suite, or cello/lute suite and guitar transcription, or different symphony revisions)
  3. Merging artist/performer/composer (better equivalents handling)
  4. Genre/Style at track level
  5. “Best” artwork handling (other criteria than resolution e.g. more “square”)
  6. Better artist artwork (e.g. offsetting rather than centering “heads” on artist page)
  7. Fan art screen saver (cycling through local/internet fanart on “focus”)
  8. Reduce “missing” album/artist reviews/bios
  9. Internet radio
  10. Chromecast support
2 Likes
  1. (most important)) The ability to view artists and albums in the format “Composer A-Z, Work by date/opus, Performance date”. So that you can see all the Beethoven in a box set without having to just click on CD1, CD2, CD3 and scan the tracks. This is a standard format in classical box set booklets since decades and has been requested by those of us (a minority) with classical collections since the beginning.

2. Manipulation of classical/jazz performances, i.e. merging the same performance on earth which is on two albums, should be possible.

3. Mobile solution. (Audio data held offline in the device, not needing internet access for playback).

4. Identities and covers for individual albums in box sets would be nice but wouldn’t change my listening habits, whereas the above 3 would.

5 Likes