What you want for the next Roon update 1.5?

& @Tony_Reimann;
No need to go through settings to access DSP, just click the current zone and then on the speaker-Icon.
There you have DSP, Transfer and something else which i dont remember at this time.

Zone settings is the other option.

1 Like

thanks a lot Mikael :slight_smile:

that was very hidden :wink:

+1! Please make it possible to add information/reviews/internet links for albums and artists.

I crave the ability to well and truly stop Roon interfering with the downstream DAC/preamp’s volume setting. Strangely, ‘Disable’ or ‘Comfort / Max Volume’ settings don’t seem to help. I’ve lost count of the number of times Roon decides to override the settings and believes I should be listening at maximum (100). I have to be ready with the Mute button to combat this undesirable trait and save my speakers or headphones from destruction. Apart from this, the only other feature I think it’s really missing is the alphabetical search facility (already mentioned above by someone else).

I haven’t found great sound from internet radio. Can you point me to your sources?

1. Endpoints discovery over TUN VPN. (GUI now works fine over TUN)
  2. MQA unfolding (or at least bypass DSP if MQA).
  3. Internet Radio - Channel picker/browser

I like Duncan’s point 2. Automatically turning off DSP when a MQA track is played would be great.

1 Like

I am being tested 60 days of ROON.
MAGNIFICENT !
However, it does not work with the MELCO NAS … so I have to turn to another software / player product.
Pity !

+1 for all four, especially for 1, 3 and 4! Plus, of course, the announced major UI update :wink:

This is my primary wish. I hope it will come sooner than 1.5 though… The Roon guys have been talking about ‘the input device’ in several places on the forum, but other features have had higher priorities I guess.

1 Like

Another item that would be nice to have is the ability to adjust HQPlayer filters, noise shaping and modulators from Roon. I know allot of people would like to use different filters on different albums.

Say we still have the ability to use HQPlayer after the MQA unfold, being able to switch HQ Player to it’s MQA filter for MQA albums would be nice.

2 Likes

I would like to have the possibilty to bring the sound of my analog turntable (and other analog sound sources) as a stream into the networked Roon system (e.g. for a multi-room system).

I already have an ADC, which converts the analog signal “immediately” into a digital electrical (S/PDIF, coaxial, 75 Ohm) and a digital optical (TOSLINK) output signal in good quality (e.g. 24 bits, 192 kHz, very low jitter).

Thus I would need

1. a box (hardware), which takes the digital output of the ADC and acts as an interface to the Roon Core server. It would either be directly connected to the Roon Core server, or more ideally indirectly connected via “the” network.
  2. the functionality (software) within Roon to support this kind of audio input.

Obviously my wish for Roon version 1.5 is the second point, i.e. to bring the corresponding functionality to the Roon software. The first point would have to be built most probably by a company different to Roon Labs. However this will not happen as long as Roon does not support this kind of a sound source (i.e. the second point above).

2 Likes

I’m running ROCK on a Nuc i7. I would like to see HQPlayer somehow embedded in, or along with ROCK, so I can take advantage of the Nuc’s power. HQP won’t run on my older MacBook Pro without stuttering like crazy.

2 Likes

Just one thing: remote streaming (i.e. being able to stream my Roon library from work).

2 Likes

There’s one thing I’d like Roon to do with 1.5.

Surprise Me.

.sjb

3 Likes

Hope that MQA decoding will come to ROCK at the same time as Windows, MAC and Linux. Tidal sometimes displays two identical albums, one is 16/44.1 and MQA, one needs to play them in order to differentiate them. It will nice to have a marker so we can tell them apart.

HQPlayer api. And HQPLAYER run on same mashine a ås Roon coore.

Better cloud integration. JOTTACLOUD. Unlimited cost $99 a year.
Other cloud services as well, but I guess will be hard to support several.

Roon Core on powerful mobile devices. ( read iOS). Or a light Roon version.

Some sort of VPN support. In order to enable remote streaming from your Roon Core mashing. Would prefer OpenVPN.

Sync between two Roon cores. (That should be very easy to achieve using the existing backup functionality)

Be able to search MQA from Tidal in Roon. The M symbol (Which is a Tidal issue, not Roon).

1 Like

Desired features

1:Album track scan plays 10 seconds of an album track by track and you can also continue to next album perfect when you know the artist but don’t remember the song

2: Time search if you are playing stones from 1970 search by year In your database, while playing.

3: more advanced meta data by context, Rolling stones influenced x y or z and before x y or z influenced the stones