What's Moving and Grooving You Today? [2022-11]

Posting a day late. Yesterday I did my usual Thanksgiving stuff. Arlo Guthrie’s “Alice’s Restaurant” (the entire album) and the audio album of The Band’s “Last Waltz” (re-release with the extra rehearsal tunes and jams).

2 Likes

You should make that album your signature album Paul though :wink:

It’s in my playlist, tried it once but wasn’t sure, i need another listen :thinking:

1 Like

@garym I remember watching the Alice’s Restaurant movie at the local drive-in. Thanks for reminding me of those crazy times! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Abel Ganz are a bit of an acquired taste but not too bad to digest.
That album is definitely their best and a firm favourite around these parts.

2 Likes

I had never seen the Alice’s Restaurant movie. I decided to stream it today. Couldn’t find it on any normal streaming sites, but found it on YouTube in a decent version. It’s a bad movie, but it’s so bad, it’s good. And just seeing a young Arlo, and the hippy storyline was a lot of fun. I enjoyed it. Movie Link here:

6 Likes

Out of hearts. :+1:

2 Likes

Same, they come and go so fast :rofl:

2 Likes

@PixelPopper.
My previous avatar always makes me think of you and your “family” of bees.

Watchable below, amongst other places.
The Outer Limits ZZZZZ - video Dailymotion

2 Likes

The biggest musical regret of my life was not being at this little gathering with my fellow hippie brethren.

6 Likes

Time to make a beer run. Will check back in later. Enjoyed hanging out as always.

2 Likes

Another one I forgot how good it is.

6 Likes

Dr. John’s swan song. Audiophile sonics -

7 Likes

Yup, never a fan of either - oh, and I don’t have any VH albums either :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Of course right up there with Woodstock as far as biggest musical regrets was missing out on another small gathering of kindred spirits over on the Isle.

Hard to believe that in the year following all these greats checked out for the big gig in the sky.

Jim Morrison July 3, 1971
Jimi Hendrix Sep 18, 1970
Janis Joplin Oct 4, 1970
Duane Allman Oct 29, 1971

8 Likes

4 Likes

No hearts. :+1:

3 Likes

7 Likes

I got plenty :rofl:

1 Like

:beers: