What's Moving and Grooving You Today? [2022-11]

7 Likes

Absolutely @PixelPopper , I agree with @AceRimmer that you definitely need to listen more to this album, after which you will question why you ever fought against its power.
Great album, you just need to listen enough to understand how good it is

3 Likes

The gig that got him discovered … ‘67 Monterey Pop. Same for Joplin. Another huge regret as far as something I wish I could have witnessed in person. Hendrix only had four years on the international stage, but what a ride it was.

For Mary of course. She liked to call me Jimi.

Edit: released I made a major goof and put '68 Monterey Pop instead of '67. Fixed now.

6 Likes

One of favourite albums of recent years IMHO. All their releases are excellent, but this is the finest.

1 Like

Last one.

One more festival I wish I’d attended. Hendrix was one of the headliners. This band opened and closed it. Duane almost didn’t make it back from Miami in time for the opener where he’d been in the studio with Clapton and the Dominoes.

Edit: the story goes that Duane would never have made it in time if he hadn’t hitched a ride on the back of a motorcycle with his case containing his beloved 1957 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop strapped to his back.

6 Likes

Listening at the gym to some Halsey.
Such a great album.
Smart and well written.

4 Likes

@PixelPopper People may not realise you keep bees and wonder what you were meaning so I thought I would mention it.

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

I have had the CD many years, never seen the movie…thanks for posting :pray:t4:

1 Like

I remember there was an Outer Limits series & have seen a few episodes but can’t remember which ones, I’ll give it a try, especially considering the subject matter :pray:t4:

I used to really enjoy that series, but can barely remember a single thing about it, besides it was on late at night

8 Likes

Thanks to @Simon_Arnold3 for posting this band. I’m not convinced that I’ve ever actually listened to them before. One that I’d heard of, but not listened to.

8 Likes

Wow, they are one I thought you would have. Fabulous band each albums different but follows that retro vibe. Had not played them in a while although Roon Radio pops them up abit. Glad you like it, hopefully venture on to the rest of their output.

1 Like

Yussef Dayes is such an amazing Jazz drummer. First collaboration with Tom Misch. Mr Palladino on bass is not too shabby either.

5 Likes

So good I bought the C…

1 Like

Check out black focus (Yussef Dayes is on drums)

And of course welcome to the hills. An absolutely fantastic album.

6 Likes

Will definitely do.

1 Like

Just the perfect song, I looked at buying the vinyl of this album this morning, it’s quite expensive :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Most of this morning chores done, cycle ride accomplished now time for some relaxing music.

4 Likes