What's Rocking You Tonight? [2021-03]

3 Likes

I saw them open for Rush on the Farewell To Kings tour. Great Show.

3 Likes

Yep, Have both the S/T debut and Can’t Wait on original vinyl purchased when they came out.

1 Like

Sounds like your record collection is way larger than mine Daniel!

When I moved to USA in 2000 I gave all my records away as cost of shipping and likelihood of breakage was too high.
:frowning::frowning:

In my opinion, a lot better than the S&M stuff. I’m also curious to see what else is coming.

1 Like

2 Likes

Another Lake album on vinyl……

3 Likes

Digging through the more obscure album collection tonight…

2 Likes

I have. I love 1970s hardrock. Especially some of the more ‘unknown’ bands.

Enjoying this one posted by @AceRimmer

2 Likes

Saw them in the Netherlands (Melkweg) with maybe 15 others, among them 4 friends.
I still have the ticket and set list (somewhere in a box), a memorable concert.

Hi @Henri !

So lets Talk Moxy. Canadian mid to late 70s hard rock band. Lots of people like their first and consider it their best. Some Tommy Bolin guitar work on the album

https://i.imgur.com/D8NGZ80.png

Their second was very similar in style to their first, minus Bolin’s guitar.

https://i.imgur.com/avS6SRg.png

By the time of their third, the style shift towards radio friendly was beginning to happen. It does contain a couple of my fav songs by them, however.

https://i.imgur.com/lnnWCOX.png

Then their 4th and last before a long breakup. It shows a definite changing of styles towards a radio friendlier hard rock sound. “Sailor’s Delight” sounds like they were trying for Aerosmith circa 1976. There was a change of lead singer from the first 3 albums; the new one for this album was Michael Rynoski, and he might sound a bit familiar. After Moxy broke up, he shortened his name to Mike Reno and went on to Loverboy.

On the streaming services or Roon, the cover is duplicated from Ridin’ High, but the name of the album is “Under the Lights”. Actual Album cover below.

4 Likes

I talked about Moxy in the Canadian music tread nine months ago.

See here:

I discovered them in 1977 with their 3th album ‘Ridin’ High’. Then I quickly purchased their previous two albums. Being a huge Buzz Shearman fan, the later albums are a bit less interesting to me.

In fact in the late ‘70s I started to discover a lot of Canadian hard rock bands. Amongst them Goddo, Max Webster, of course Triumph, The Imps, with Frank Soda, Frank Marino, Trooper, BTO, Coney Hatch and Pat Travers.

4 Likes

Missed that thread!

1 Like

Just received this.
Had to buy this from a Discogs seller in Thailand as near unobtanium in the USA without trading a kidney or two…

3 Likes

It’s a good and interesting tread to follow.

1 Like

So back in 1976 in England our weekly music rag, NME ( new musical express) did a piece on the " new" burgeoning Canadian rock scene.

That was my first introduction to bands like Rush, Frank Marino, Lee Aaron, April Wine, Moxy, Triumph and many more.

Never looked back😁.

Must have worn out at least two copies of 2112!

Caught Triumph and Frank Marino live at the once only outdoor stadium event known as The Heavy Metal Holocause at Port Vale that has entered legend status in England for it’s headliners of Ozzy and Motorhead.

3 Likes

So testing out the new iFi Zen Stream and after trying some Metallica at (shh) MQA 96 (you have to test all the features).
I have now moved onto Tool in 24/96. It’s a great test album and the stream and the Dac seem to be holding up well with various upscaling options. Very impressed so far.

8 Likes

But, but, but…you said the M word!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

:blush: :see_no_evil:
(It’s true I did)

2 Likes