What's Rocking You Tonight [2022-09]

Its that time again, rock on and rock out!

2 Likes

Here’s your starter…

6 Likes

Not at all bad as debut albums go.

8 Likes

6 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

This album is so flipping good!

8 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

Downloadable files are available @ 24-bit 48khz hi-res on their Bandcamp page…

6 Likes

On my list of purchases for tomorrow, it is Bandcamp Friday after all :+1:

3 Likes

Courtesy of Roon Radio, I’ve just discovered Youn Sun Nah https://i.imgur.com/bQ3f8s0.png

Everything from scat to very good covers of Metallica’s ‘Enter Sandman’ and Nine Inch Nails’ ‘Hurt’.

Context: I’ve just built a second tube headphone amp

based on the original WAD HD83 design, albeit with the newer HD3S circuit board layout similar to this one:

V2 has the original mains and output transformers, but also has his and hers outputs (4 pin DIN, not truly balanced, but there are individual output transformers) and a Khadas Tone Board DAC shoe-horned into it, connected to an RPi 4 endpoint running RoPieee. I found a good used pair of HD580 headphones (I’m a sucker for these classics) on eBay a few months back, so we now have 2 pairs. After a mutual Melody Gardot listening session (first live performance we went to as a couple at London Palladium in 2010. We also saw her at the Wiener Staatsoper in Vienna in 2018) sitting in bed this evening, herself went to sleep and I continued listening to whatever Roon Radio cued up my way.

I have a feeling the new bedroom rig may soon be my favourite Roon setup.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Oh snap!!! New Wheel release coming. The new single is out, it’s really good. I purchased their discography not too long after discovering them last year. Killer band

6 Likes

4 Likes