What's your favorite Roon Remote device..and why?

Easily the iPhone or iPad, which make sense as the daily computer doesn’t need to be on to play music. Having a Rock server means it’s on 24/7. So I can fling the music around from the HomePod Minis to the computer speakers, and the iPhone if I’m in the kitchen.

Ahem - the Microsoft Surface Duo 2 is an Android phone, currently on Android 11, but expected to be going to 12L as part of the announcements that will be made on Oct. 12th at the Microsoft Surface event.

I only use my Android Samsung S22+ to control. It does the job but i would like a better UI for a one hand use (main menu entries at bottom shortcuts) and also a skip track button in the permanent playing bottom bar.

The same Windows 11 laptop I have the core on, and all my work apps for that matter. Convenience I suppose. We do have a separate PC core gathering dust and android / iphone / ipad remotes. But we just don’t use them.

Sorry, heard Microsoft and thought not android…lol

I’m using a Samsung phone running Android 12 which is perfect for my needs. It doesn’t want to play nice with Arc though?

iPad Pro 12.9, and use it as Roon Endpoint to attach USB DAC/Headphone Amp ocassionally.

Pixel 6 for 95% of the time. Also Windows pc with Roon app when working.
Wanting a bigger screen for couch-control when listening to music as an activity/experience. Maybe the upcoming Google Tablet will be something for me?

1 Like

iPad Pro or Unihertz Titan (Android 10)

my iPad Pro 11" which is always with me or iPhone

Nice to see there are a few Android phone users.
I just find even my iPad mini4 is too big to be comfortable while sitting in my “zone” listening chair.
I can’t begin to imagine using a huge x large iPad…lol.

But very interesting responses, thank you!

Try reading a magazine on a phone then repeat on a 12.9 ipad. Gramophone on a 12.9 tablet is Wow

I often read and listen together

Each to his own

1 Like

I rarely read and listen TBH.
I tend to be in the zone just for music

But I do see the validity of that for those who do.:+1:

I started at university, playing music drowned out the background noise and allowed me to concentrate. Blotting out something you have chosen seems easier somehow.

That was a lot of years ago , i still do it

Oneplus 5 Android phone and a Lenovo yoga tablet!

1 Like

Samsung Tab S6. Mainly because that’s what I have for daily use. It can do anything the desktop app can do.

Any other cheap Android/Fire tablet would work the same, maybe not quite as fast or with as nice and sharp a display.

On the couch whatever is in reach, the Fairphone for just playing something or the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10" for deeper digging. My Dell XPS 15 at the table and for editing.

Who would say such things?!? :open_mouth:

XPS 13
Fire 10 Tablet

I like as big a screen as I can get while also not overwhelming a lap or side table. Minimal size allows for the “desktop” display where the full menu lives on the left. The “phone” interface is a tad cumbersome to the “Roon Experience”. However, it’s good enough to search and hit play. I often am diving into the bios and credits and then expanding to web when it doesn’t go deep enough.

1 Like

I work, read & listen at the same time. So I do really need a big screen.

1 Like

Buggered if I know…