What's your oldest piece of audio kit still in regular use?

From a gentleman in Berlin, Artem Galukhin who runs ‘Monoment Vintage Turntables’ for refurbished and customised vintage stuff, as well as ‘Respect Phono’ with a small more generic catalogue.

1 Like

What’s that box beneath the cartridge? Is it related to the turntable itself?

No, it’s just there to make it a bit harder to accidentally whack the cartridge cantilever out of shape (it’s a completely nude cartridge and doesn’t come with any kind of protector). It would be an expensive dusting mishap!

1 Like

I’m still using a Rotel CD player (early 90s?) and a Sony Minidisc player (mid 90s?). I just set up a bedroom system using a Yamaha amp I bought new in the mid 80s. I also bought a pair of ADS L1290 new in 1986 that a friend of mine is still using today.

2 Likes

I have a Linn LP12 too in that lot but have yet to reinstall the motor circuit board after I had refurbished it. A technics SL1100 also working. My big diy rig based on Lenco 75 etc etc and no time to play :weary:

1 Like

20-year-old set of Diva swan 4.1/2.1/center

My old Phoenix Gold MS2125 car stereo amps from 1992-1993. Denon AVR-X4000 as preamp and Bluesound Node 2 DAC

3 Likes

What’s supplying the DC?

I use 2 DPS-1200FB in parallell so its capable of 13v@200A

1 Like

DC cables have a certain robustness :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Yes you are absolutely right, these are actually 35mm2/2AWG car starter cables, it was a little cheaper than car stereo power cables :grinning: really overkill

1 Like

Harman Kardon integrated amp, PM645 Vxi, ca. 1985
(hooked up to a bedroom TV, used daily).

1 Like

My ears, sadly.

6 Likes

Too bad you don’t have golden ears since gold doesn’t age. :ear:

1 Like

Technics SP1000 mk2p from 1978.

2 Likes

Damn that’s a sexy TT

1 Like

What’s the black control box in the plinth?

It’s the listening monitor, mono/stereo switch for the built in riaa, break release and adjustable high cut filter. It’s originally from the Swedish Radio.

1 Like

I was going to suggest some Radio station ex installed deck…a lot of older Garrard 301 and 401 decks came out of radio stations too…I had one of each but sadly as a kid left the country (NZ) to travel in the early 80’s and never returned to rescue from my brother inlaws family barn and since then both are lost to someone who I hope gave them a good home. Both had good arms and carts on them too :cry::cry::cry:

1 Like

Saw a few of these monsters when I did an IT gig at the BBC.
c18914f23b0d88c00d323897662f155f

1 Like