What's your "Walk On" song?

Ooo OOOoo, fun thread alert!!

When I think of walk on songs I also picture boxers walking to the ring; or Elvis coming on stage in the 70s to Also Sprach Zarathustra. Say what you want, but Fat Elvis was way cool also.

My long-standing walk-on song is the unimpeachable Tumbling Dice. Here it is in all its messy-haired, elastic grooved glory from Ladies and Gentleman: The Rolling Stones. You can actually see the riff emerge from Keef’s DNA, work its way through his sinew, into the fingers, then the Tele and rifle its way to the Ampeg stacks. The Stones’ entire musical ethos is baked into this track.

4 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

TRUE DAT! :fist:t2:

When I was a kid we all watched wrestling on Saturday nights. This was probably my introduction to the Walk On song. Here’s a YT montage of THE heart throb Kerry Von Erich and his chosen Walk On song, Tom Sawyer.

Rest in peace, Neil Peart, and thank you.

4 Likes

Things were a little less glamorous in the UK. Wrestling was shown every Saturday afternoon, remembering that the UK only had 3 television channels at the time so it was a big thing.

3 Likes

Not sure I truly understand the “Walk on” concept, but in terms of “short, sharp, shock” I don’t think you can go wrong with the below two songs.
TU
TD

P.S. Line 3 of the lyrics to ‘The Boys Are Back In Town’ are not correct :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The Peter Gunn theme.

4 Likes

oooooohhhh, yes
thanks

Peter gunn and also green onions

2 Likes

That‘s the one

2 Likes

Rammstein?? Yeahhhh that’s what I’m talkin’ bout! @Tom

1 Like
3 Likes

“Born To Be Wild”

3 Likes

Here is mine. Just love this song. This gets me pumped every. singe. time. Turn it up.

4 Likes

I thought so :wink:

3 Likes

Ah yes! For my fifth walk on…

5 Likes

The Von Erich Brothers were no joke! All those dudes were lethal. Even the skinny one, Kevin, could punt a bloke’s head into the rafters! :grimacing:

1 Like

Patience is a virtue……I’m working on it but in the meantime…

2 Likes

Two that float my boat

2 Likes

And a third for good luck!

2 Likes