When NOT listening to “classical”, Anyone listening to “METAL?

Lately I have been into Symphonic Metal

2 Likes

That’s a genre I’ve not heard of. Hmmm, I hate metal, but love classical/symphonic. Dare I try it? :thinking:

1 Like

It is pretty interesting. I was stuck in the 70s and 80s Rock and my niece got me into this. “Evanescence” and “Within Temptation” are also very good. The mixture of classical and operetta compositions with heavy metal riffs are cool

3 Likes

Ok, you convinced me to give it a try (later). If I run out the door screaming, I’m blaming you. :grin:

1 Like

Ha! I’ll have a listen tomorrow when I’m gardening. The neighbours kids have been screaming in the garden all week. Time for my garage system to be heard :wink:

1 Like

Here is an intimate intro to Floor Jansen, the lead front woman from “Nightwish”.

And here she is all out Metal

2 Likes

Now here is a Pop,heavy rock, Metal band simulair to Metallica but with a Vegas twist.

I will guide you in with a couple precursor songs just to test the waters.

Gone Away
Bad company
M.I.N.E. (End this way)

The images aren’t helping. :laughing:

3 Likes

Ya sorry, I just want you to be able find them then just use your ears so there is no pre judgment.:joy::joy:

Two of my favorites … mind I have to play them when my wife Is not around … she doesn’t like Amy’s voice … “to screechy” … I disagree of course.

2 Likes

Look what I found in my collection. :blush: Granted, I only like the track The Sound of Silence.

2 Likes

Yes, I would have posted that soon if no one else did. Love it. Gives me chills.

Actually, that’s how I get sucked into these Metal bands with their one song that is a ballad and sounds amazing. I guess it’s their crossover song. The next thing you know you’re playing the whole album and the wife has you listening to it by yourself in the garage.

2 Likes

Post Grunge and Metal. The one song is “Zombie”

The genres are not too far apart perhaps…

1 Like

Love Iron Maiden. I love the mix of classical and metal.

2 Likes

Metal/Classical crossover is nothing new:

2 Likes

I’m a huge classical music fan, particularly early music and then late and post romantic orchestral music (Mahler, Bruckner, Shostakovich, ET al.). About 10 years ago I got into Symphonic metal and have since become a huge fan. Here are some shots of bands I listen to. Favorites are Eleine, Epica, Diabulus in Musica, Nightwish, and Xandria.

I’ve had a chance to see many of these bands live - even at small venues they are great shows.

2 Likes

One of my Nightwish favorites is “Endless Forms Most Beautiful” with the narration by Richard Dawkins. Also the album cover is incredibly intricate.

I gave some of the suggestions a listen.

A bit too heavy on the metal for me. (Sorry, couldn’t resist the pun :laughing:)

2 Likes