When will KEF LS50 Wireless II be Roon Ready? [They are now!]

I haven’t done so, but feel mislead nonetheless. I actually think a case can be made. It’s funny how they keep quiet. Last year it was soon, and it’s still soon. I really understand why you’d send them back. Then we have someone that works for Kef here and he keeps the fishing line tight as well, but he won’t give dates. Just like the pandemic. Hold on people, soon it will be over. Just hang in there.

Roon can also stream to the LS50WII over Chromecast. Just add the LS50WII to your home in the Google Home app first – or at least that was the tip that made the “LS50WII over Chromecast” option appear in Roon for me.

A bit of news I was given at lunch today - we have an expected launch for Roon Ready firmware in April. The website has been updated to reflect the news (the Hong Kong one at least, it may take a while to filter to the international sites).

7 Likes

That’s great news!

Unless it’s slated for April 1st… <_<

1 Like

We’ve done some pretty good April 1st gags in the past, but as far as I’m aware this is not one of them. :joy:

1 Like

Another month. Why not.

But hey, thanks for at least mentioning a month.

Can only mention information that I have, after all.

Yeah Ben, nothing personal. I can only speak for myself and appreciate it.

I’ll save you the worry to wait for a month more and will buy your set for half price :slight_smile:

1 Like

You sound more Dutch than French, mon amie. :joy:

1 Like

From HK Kef site…

2 Likes

Doesn’t state which year :thinking:

4 Likes

Same info on UK site: ’ Expected release in April’.

But US site still says ‘Coming soon’

It’s nice that we have an ETA now. April is not too far away. Great news.

1 Like

This is a long thread. Just to be sure: I can still use the Roon app with the Wireless II, but need to use Airplay or Chromecast rather than the WII as a roon ready device directly. Correct? And what exactly is the downside of this in terms of streaming quality? Don’t get me wrong I do think the marketing was misleading. But I assume I can live with somewhat worse streaming quality for a couple of months (or else, use Tidal connect etc.)

1 Like

“Due imminently, standby for the update :sunglasses::crossed_fingers:t2:” (18-2) was the KEF-UK reaction on my Twitter remark it would be nice to have Roon Ready.
What’s the use to ‘stand by’ for two months? In the light of ‘coming soon’ being over half a year, it fits the interpretation of time by KEF :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thnx for the info.
Do you know why version 1.3 is temporarily suspended? This is recently announced on the KEF website in the firmware section.

Correct. Speaking of limitations: AirPlay is limited to 16/48, Chromecast to 24/96 if you have v1.3 firmware or to 24/48 if v1.2.

If you’re streaming MQA via Chromecast, you’re practically not limiting anything – speakers can unfold and render internally.

Thanks a lot 24/96 is the limit for the speakers if you don’t run a cable between them. So it makes not difference whatsoever, at least in my use case. Good to know since I am literally about to buy a pair later today. :sunglasses:

1 Like

:musical_note: :notes: :musical_note:

Roon is coming soon
Just wait a Moon and another Moon

It’ll pop out from its cocoon
Everybody’ll cheer with a balloon

By afternoon I must get the boon
Or I’ll freak out like a raccoon

Chasing KEF’s tycoon with a musketoon
Forum’s fellows as a platoon

:musical_note: :notes: :musical_note:

Just kidding, eh. :slight_smile: