When will Roon improve the centering of photos in the artist circles? [resolved: use Art Director]

If thats the case then I agree - they should put the function back and allow users to select what they prefer if they so wish. I think they did similar with fonts in the recent update. Have not tried it.

I guess people use Roon in many different ways / have different demands and priorities.
My priorities for Roon are very simple:

1. An appliance that functions as advertised
  2. Ability to control multiple zones, via multiple controllers for multiple branded endpoints
  3. One self-contained system for my streaming library (tidal / radio) and my ripped CD
  4. Solid metadata for cross-referencing and rabbit-holing.

Anything else is added sprinkles.

When Roon is on form it does all the above with ease and nothing comes close in my book.
Thats why we need the 1.8 functional issues ironing out.

3 Likes

Took me about 10 seconds to change (once file was in hand). Probably a much shorter time than it took them to decide on which shade of purple to use. I don’t think changing some basic UI elements has much to do with the algorithmic bugs you are referring to. It just comes down to a matter of taste.

Yep, which is important to many. It’s why I don’t have my speakers on cinder blocks, and use nice stands instead. But of course I’m a photographer, so ‘seeing’ is my thing. Others may very well not.

4 Likes

So why is there a 100 thread post when you have just evidenced a simple fix?
Are the majority unaware of this magic?
This thread could be your calling Mr Peterson. If not a statue, you should at least be due a bust.

Quite a number of people are aware of this ‘solution’ and have posted about it.

However, it is most certainly neither magical nor a real solution. It is a bit of a pain, since the edit potentially has to be painstakingly re-done after every singly Roon build release. Not only that, but although Charles_Paterson appears to have been able to re-make the change on his Mac after the latest build release, the ‘fix’ no longer seems to work for Windows 10 users. Roon appear to have made a pretty fundamental change to the atlas files that have to be edited, with the result that our edit no longer works…

2 Likes

Not to mention the “fix” was never available for iPad/iPhone users.

1 Like

Agreed. The visuals are part of the overall experience.

1 Like

Art Director is the way to resolve these problems in the future.

1 Like