Where are the covers?

@mike All ok this end.

Thanks for the swift response Mike :smiley:

1 Like

Works fine now.

1 Like

Hi, still have issues with covers. Two screenshots below, album Carnegie from James Taylor. TIDAL integration in Roon shows cover, after adding to library there is no cover of this album. Tried adding new and restart Roon several times but doesn’t help.

Hi @NOA,

Can you try clearing your cache, and let us know if that fixes the issue? Things are looking better server side, so this may just need a little kick.

1. Open Windows Explorer
  2. Click in the address area to the right of the text, to make it active like typing in a web browser, and type %localappdata%
  3. Find and open the Roon folder
  4. Delete just the cache folder – leave everything else as is
  5. Restart Roon
  6. Let us know how it goes

Sorry for the trouble @NOA!

Hi Mike, nope. Maybe it has something to do with some 129 tracks still analyzing with no progress?

Mike,

With nope I meant I did what you recommended but it didn’t help. Just to clarify and that you don’t shoot me… :wink:

Maybe you have another hint for me.

Of course I do :smile:

Two things to try, if you haven’t already:

• Restart the app (I know, but I have to ask)
  • Select the album in the album browser (right-click it, or click and hold), then choose Edit > Re-Identify

Let me know if either of those works and if not, we’ll get some more information about your install and take a deeper look.

Thanks!

Thanks. Yes I’ve done this before and did I it again with no luck.
But I’ve added some other album and this works. That’s why I think it could be a specific problem with this album. Could you give it a try and add this album in your environment?

Another issue is I get a white screen within Roon every time I add a album from Tidal. Sometimes the only solution is to restart the app. My basic setup is a Win7 Pro PC controlled with iPad through Splashtop Remote but no problems with other apps so far.

Giving up or not important enough?

Hi @NOA – sorry about that. I missed your reply.

This album is streaming from Tidal only, right? You don’t have the files stored locally as well right?

Assuming the album is not stored locally, I would ask you to delete it from your collection, then re-add it from Tidal. I’m not having an issues with the cover art for this album, so I’m guessing some kind of temporary network hiccup caused an issue here when the cover was initially being downloaded.

If that doesn’t work, can you send me a PM and we’ll get some logs and figure this out. Sorry for the delay!

This is a known issue, fixed for our next release. Sorry about that as well.

Thanks Mike!

Album from Tidal only. Just added it new and now I get a cover of a total different album! Weird. Cannot upload screenshot so maybe let’s continue with PM…

Just see that the upload function has been fixed. Here is the screenshot:

2 posts were split to a new topic: Missing covers on Mac device