Where are the roon settings/machine identifiers on DietPi?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

DietPi on a RaspBerry Pie 3A, latest version fully patched, including Roon fully patched
Core on an iMac 2013 under Mac OS 10.13.6, latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi via Ubiquity Unifi, 5GHz, working fully well

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Hifi Berry S/PDIF out; DigiOne S/PDIF out

Description Of Issue

I cloned one of my DietPi installations, because the installer for the WiFi Stick is not available anymore. I reset the hostname and the IP V4 Adress of the device and connected it to my Roon Core.

If I have one of the RasPis active at a time, they’re working perfectly well.If I have both of them active in the network at the same time, the following problem arises:

There seems to be some preferences/machine identifier somewhere on the machine that lets the core think the master and the clone are the same machine: The Core mixes both of them up and hangs, then crashes if I try to use them both/in tandem/grouped.

This behaviour even persists after I deleted and reinstalled the Roon client on both RasPis.

Is there any config file I can delete, to make the installation “fresh out of the box” and define one of the RasPis as just a new device?

THX and best e.

Hi @Archer,

We have some improvements coming to how machines are identified that I think will help here. Our team is currently testing these improvements, so I can’t provide any specific timelines just yet, but we believe that they should be available soon. We’ll be sure to keep you updated!

Hi @dylan,

great news!

Would there be a mitigation available to solve the problem in the short term? That way, I could at least use both devices at the same time, again.

Using shell access via ssh can be done.

THX and best e.

I also found out the hard way. Here’s how to fix it -

Hi @Archer,

Besides a fresh install there isn’t a workaround at this time, but I confirmed with the team that this case will be covered by the changes that are coming soon. We’re still testing this release, but keep an eye out for a new release soon!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.