Where can I download Roon Version 1.8 (build 1151) Produktion 1x (32-Bit)?

The instruction to install a new Roon Rock is saying, that on both machines (old and new) the latest Rock version needs to be installed: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/migration

I am using an old Lenovo PC and will buy me a Cirrus 7 and want to migrate from old to new. I asked at Cirrus if they could install the version on my old laptop, which is called “the latest”, Roon Version 1.8 (build 1151) Produktion 1x (32-Bit). I know, that the latest is now 2.0, which would be the one my dealer Cirrus would be able to install. I am a bit nervous, that having 2.0 vs. 1.8 might lead to issues, running my Roon with my setings, playlists, etc.

It would be helpful, if I could inform Cirrus about where to find Roon Version 1.8 (build 1151) Produktion 1x (32-Bit). Thank you very much.

It is called Roon 1.8 Legacy.

Follow the link from this page:

For your particular case you should use https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/production1x/RoonLegacyInstaller.exe

Regards.

Not sure if this gets you what you exactly want but. This should get you the “latest” 1.8 version?
There are links and instructions on how to install 1.8 in a way that avoids getting prompts to upgrade to 2.0.

Thank you very much bearFNF!

I´ll forward this information

to my Cirrus dealer hoping that it´ll work.

This may not work because the window to go back to Roon 1.8 Legacy was for only 6 weeks and has closed.

How do I downgrade to 1.8?

While it was possible to do an in-place downgrade to 1.8 for approximately 6 weeks after the release of 2.0 that window has now closed. You may still install 1.8, but you will need to restore a 1.8-compatible backup (created with any 1.8 version or 2.0 build 1141 or earlier) or start over with a new database.

Here are the steps to follow to go back to Roon 1.8 from a Roon 2.0 installation on your Roon Core:

1. Install Roon 1.8 (Legacy) on your Roon Remote (iOS/Android/other PC)

2. Completely close out of Roon / RoonServer on the Core

3. Download the installer from the link below

4. Install on Core and start

You will need to install the Roon 1.8 legacy app on a Roon Remote/iOS device first before being able to take the downgrade. It’s important to note that you will be logged out of your Roon account when you downgrade from Roon 2.0 to 1.8. This is because Roon 2.0 and Roon 1.8 use different account login mechanisms. You will be able to log back in afterwards.

Thank you. I have to admit, that I am a bit confused about the information Roon is providing, On one hand my old device is using “the latest version” of Roon, on the other hand U need to download the same SW Release to the new NUC, but downloading 1.8 isn’t possible any longer. Honest opiniom? That doesn’t seem user friendly at all…