Where can I find a list of music services that integrate with Roon?

30 posts were split to a new topic: There’s no need for ANY type of compression FLAC or otherwise

Thanks very much for your perspective. I am from the UK, and although MQA and roon were invented there, I not a fan of how MQA compression sounds in my system. A friend of mine has a Wilson Audio system (91db/1 watt input) and MQA compression sounds okay.

In double blind listener tests on my system (105dB/1 watt input) everyone including me, preferred the 24 x 192 presentation over the MQA.

“Ultimately with Tidal we get high-def music for the stuff that matters”
I understand your Tidal needs, which are different from mine. The stuff that matters to me is the music/audio and not roon or the tags, etc. Anything less than 24-bit 192kHz is not high-definition at this time. For me roon is a nice to have and not even a must or should have. I understand that everyone’s priorities differ. That is good, because it makes life worth living.

My focus is listening only. Again I state that respectfully, understanding that everyone has different needs. Years ago we’d spin the disks and listen . . . that was it. :slight_smile: Miss that, and I didn’t need the light shows or tags to enjoy the music.

Second rant

For those who do not like MQA, don’t listen to it

I have yet to come across an MQA version that doesn’t have a std CD version alongside, maybe I missed some

Each to his own

Isn’t this thing we do about MUSIC after all

Rant over

1 Like

For those that don’t like those that don’t like MQA, stop reading the threads :wink:

I’m neutral, I just hate all I like , I don’t like debate

It’s a personal choice

I did try to make the point that launching Qobuz integration before the US launch of the service might be seen as a bit of an own goal considering the potential of the US market.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah!

“Version 1.6 brings the brand new Roon Radio, integration with the Qobuz music service, and an improved user experience across several areas of the application.”

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Now I get the ‘racingdriver’ :grin:

Not to get into anything, but there are plenty MQA only on Tidal.

Here’s one, there are more -

Single tracks are on Tidal that are just FLAC, but not the whole album.