| OS Loader Version:|7429.61.2|

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet connected

Connected Audio Devices

BlueSound Vault2 and 3 Bluesound Node2, all LAN cabled

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I haven’t been able to get it to work :frowning:
I have a QNAP TS228 (2X4TB) for backing up to my MacBookPro (14” 2021 MontereyOS). My music has been ripped to Bluesound Vault 2 and I also have 3 Bluesound nodes (Ver2). All are Cat6 (LAN) cable connected. I use my iPhone as the controller.

I tried to install the Core onto my Bluesound Vault 2. It installed but wouldn’t open.
My QNAP TS228 doesn’t have Roon as an app option in the menu so I wasn’t able to install there.
I tried to install the core on my MacBook Pro. It worked and I linked it to my music library on the Vault and also connected Tidal BUT when I tried to play anything after indexing the music library on the vault the iPhone app only registered the 3 nodes and not the Vault. The music was muffled and distorted (both Tidal and my ripped collection) when played through the nodes. It played on my MacBookPro and iPhone and was clear.

Can you please advise what Im doing wrong and how to fix it

Some NAS are underpowered for Roon Core. An i5 or i7 quad core processor and 8 to 16GB of RAM are recommended. The TS228 does not meet the minimum specifications for Roon Core.

1 Like

You need an X86 intel/amd processor, its a realtek in that nas so won’t work.

1 Like

thanks for the advice, I loaded it on my Mac as an interim solution

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.