Where is the "I HATE this track never play it again" button? [Ticket In]

I actually don’t see that option to block on the artist page (looking on MacOS), where did you find it?

On the artist page you should be able to tap the heart twice to block the artist.

1 Like

No heart icon visible here, just a “…” button…

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

See attached…

Unfortunately I believe this is the classic chicken and the egg routine.
You need to have a track or album by the artist in your library for the heart to show up next to the artist.
Before you can then block them by double clicking said heart😉
Try it…

I have zero Taylor swift albums or tracks in my library so that is very odd. The same with Chris Brown…

I hate the idea of adding an artist to my library everytime just to block them from appearing in Roon Radio. If we go down that route, eventually my library will be dominated by music I dislike.

1 Like

I totally agree and I could always be incorrect but that is how it has always worked for myself.
While perusing new artists and reading their Bio I NEVER have seen the heart until I have subsequently added an album.
Then it appears.

1 Like

Ah, just discovered that they have an appearance in my library.

I do agree it makes absolutely no sense to have to add something to block an artist.

5 Likes

Agreed. Adding an artist to your library so that you can then block them is completely non intuitive, and backwards. And having to pre-screen your Roon Radio queue to have any control over weeding out songs/artists you don’t like kind of defeats the stated goal of exposing users to new material they may wish to add to their library, since in many cases you may not know yet.

Something much closer to the Pandora or Spotify models has to be possible here.

3 Likes