Where is the "I HATE this track never play it again" button? [Ticket In]

Hi, did the latest build (778) fix this issue for you?

Asking so I can update this list:

Nope, there is no :heart: icon on a queue that I build, nor on a queue that Roon provides, on todays version of Roon for android

1 Like

The :heart: / Ban icons only appear on tracks/albums in your Library in the browsers - it doesn’t make sense for it to apply to an item in the queue that you are building for Play.

For Roon Radio, choosing the “I don’t like this track” acts as the Ban function - is this still not working?

No, on android, there is no option to like, or otherwise, a currently playing track in the roon radio queue.
Skipping the current track does only that, there is no prompt to ask why I skipped

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know.

What version of Android are you using? The options are there on Android 10 on my Nokia 7 Plus…

1 Like

I’m using a Sony XZ1 on android 9
I agree with what you show above, that you have thumbs up/down options on songs coming up in the queue.
I’m also seeing that, like me, you have no options on your screenshot of disliking the song actually playing now

Ah - gotcha - skipping the currently playing track on tablets/PC/Mac brings up the dialog. Skipping the track on Android (and iOS?) smartphones does not…

In the old days you would just drag a screwdriver across the record. Problem solved.

1 Like

we used those records as air rifle targets…

We used moving car tyres but don’t tell anyone!

Sacrilege!!!
Poor, poor vinyl records!:cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

1 Like

Banning a track should be possible from anywhere. Im often listening to a song i never want to hear again but cant block it because its not in my library. Thats crazy stupid

I would like to be able to give a thumbs up or down AFTER the track has played.

Is there any movement on this issue? Roon Radio routinely plays tracks that I hate and no matter how many times I press the thumbs down button, it keeps playing them again. This is infuriating and disgusting!

2 Likes

The movement its kinda slow to slightly going backwards, my assumption at this stage is they don’t know how to fix Roon Radio so are hoping everyone kind of forgets about it. I mean its not dead, but it kind of smells funny.

Sadly I cannot escape Genesis I’ve even contemplated deleting any local content (back when I though I should try to like them), because I have tidal, and Roon sure f***ing likes Genesis, because no amount of ‘I don’t like this track’ helps. I guess I have to hear every single track ever created by Genesis, the various players in Genesis solo albums, and any versions sung by other people, before Roon starts getting the hint. I don’t think it will because it happily plays the very songs I turned down.

But I ain’t holding my breath. So I guess I have to hear Genesis after any form of prog rock.

2 Likes

If you block the artist on the artist page, does that prevent genesis from coming up in radio?

I’ve always just assumed this is what that feature is for?

Possibly, but my hate for Genesis was a mere example. The roon radio is just crap, it cannot get out of the bubble. I feel certain that there is a raft of great prog rock (for instance) both old a new I have never heard of, because all roon can do is spit out ELP and bloody Genesis.

I have a very good feeling that banning artists will not force roon down another path it will just narrow down the choice of what its willing to spit out.

That hasn’t been my experience. If I click the thumbs down and select the “I don’t like this song” option, it never plays that track in Roon Radio again.

Lucky you! This never works for me and I get the same hated tracks repeated over and over again. It’s frustrating that they don’t have an explicit block list, because I would just use that. I suspect the feature is straight broken and doesn’t work at all, but even if it works as intended, it likely only reduces the occurrence of a given track by 1% or so…