Where to buy new NAD C 3050?

I think they are doing a non limited edition without wood casing next year. I’m guessing you would but the MDC module separately and not have it included as the deal. From what I can see the price won’t be much different?

I assume the non-LE version would be less expensive.

I haven’t looked at it too closely, if I was reading it right when you add the module it wasn’t too far off. Couple of hundred if I remember rightly.

From here. Glad my memory isn’t playing tricks.

Wasn’t sure of his review this looks to be just a mediocre streaming amp with the nice addition of Dirac and the VU meters for bling. Inbuilt phono stage not much to shout about if the basic Ifi one beats it.

No Veneer either.

The production non-LE one doesn’t have veneer, you mean? But the LE does.

I figure it’s a nice Roon Ready bundle of functionality that only costs a multiple of 2x over what it would cost to piece it together out of parts. And Darko’s “impressions” from listening to it cut no ice with me. Up in the air about whether I’d ever use the built-in phono amp – if I get The Wheel, I’d just use the line out from that. But, really, physical media is so cluttersome.

I have a 658 and an M10 in different systems. Can’t fault either to be honest. DIRAC makes a bigger difference to the sound than a few upgrades would in a crap room.

1 Like

Yes the non LE is Vinyl wrapped.

I would go for the c399 if it wasnt so damned ugly. My next move is more than likely the M33 and then I am done, the M20mk2 just seems a sidestep from what I have now which isnt a bad thing if it brings Dirac to the picture. In the new year I am going to audition them along with the c399 ( if I can live with how it looks) or stick as I am.

2 Likes

I can’t get over what good room correction does. My room isn’t bad either but I have had better systems that sounded worse….

1 Like

I agree using Roons DSP with help from HAF makes such a difference, but I want it for all sources hence looking at NAD and Dirac, might get me to play some of the shiny black stuff.

3 Likes

There’s a bonus!

On paper the 399 is better, but I’m dubious of the overall contributions of the supposed improvements. And I want those VU meters!

1 Like

If you need the bling then go for it.

Oh, I definitely need the bling. Audio equipment today needs more blinkenlights.

3 Likes

Agreed on both points though I used a C 375 BEE for 20 years and it still works great. My new M33 has been an incredible improvement for my 2.1 / 2.2 system, Dirac full is worth every penny and then some. If your budget allows go for it my friend :+1:t2:

1 Like

I do like my vintage gear lots of buttons and switches are cool but it does live in the garage presently, I have a plan in mind for a entire vintage system in our new home

@Bill_Janssen , I’m looking forward to seeing your new NAD retro style system in pictures soon :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Just got a call from one of my dealers. The first unit has arrived!

1 Like

Makes me wonder if I really need to spend a few kilobucks on having this recapped and restored…

Hard to believe the backlights are all still working.

2 Likes