Where to buy new NAD C 3050?

Nice looking piece, Pacific Stereo right? I spent a few bucks with them in Southern California. Who built those for them, Concept brand also as I recall.

https://pacificstereo.net/rebuild.html

Yep, thatā€™s the place.

All right, NAD C 3050 LE #282 is now in my possession.

I have to say, the walnut cabinet is very pretty. Now to hook it upā€¦

4 Likes

I had an SX-750 back in the day, and now have a 2230 that Iā€™ve loaned to a friend.

is the TT a 6300? Bosch would be proud. which speakers do you use with your vintage gear.

1 Like

Jazz on a Sunday afternoonā€¦

Finally free of the frankensystem compulsionā€¦ One nice tidy professionally integrated Roon Ready powerbox.

Glad the Roon Ready certification came through in time. MQA-capable if required, but I donā€™t currently have any sources of MQA-encoded content. Two-way Bluetooth if youā€™re too lazy to plug your headphones into the front-panel jack. :grin:

6 Likes

beautiful.

amp looks lovely too.

Hope you enjoying those test tones!

1 Like

Music Direct out of Chicago. Big mail order dealer; probably bigger that Crutchfield. I placed order for NAD 3050 LE in Nov 2022, and they were already out of stock. But they were able to get some more from NAD, which just arrived, but that second stock is already sold out. I just received #12 of 1972 produced today. Reportedly, NAD will soon release a NAD 3050 CE edition, with no BluOS MDC 2 card, and no wood grain panel.

Music Direct has been my preferred dealer for several years; wonderful customer service, no hassle returns, excellent advice. highly recommended.

fwiw, I wouldnā€™t put too much ā€œstockā€ in the out of stock notice. I bought, and later returned, the Fender/Mobile Fidelity TT, which supposedly was limited to 1000 units. ordered it more than a year after it was released, it was never officially in stock, and when I received it, got serial number 351ā€¦

no doubt there will be enough 3050 LEs to go around.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation, Robert. Iā€™ve got #282, and Iā€™m expecting a second one.

I got mine now, too :).

Iā€™m just g trying to work out the volume limits in the BluOS app. I need the volume cranked quite a lot on some streamed albums. I was wondering if itā€™s ok to use the full range up to + 12 db, to get a good range of volume control adjustment.

1 Like

Iā€™m set at -40 to -10 on Master volume. Output to ELAC Adantes on stands

What number on your volume slider, or how many lights on the volume LEDs do you end up with for normal listening then?

If I have device volume enabled, at 0 on the slider, I hear nothing. As I increase volume with slider, volume increases nicely until I usually stop around -15 or so. Correspondingly, I will get about 4 to 5 green lights on the NAD. Note that even if all green lights are lit on NAD, one can typically still increase the volume, but the lights are maxed out. Believe me, this thing has enough power that you wonā€™t be lacking in volume. You have to play with the settings, though. DIRAC implementation also requires you to fiddle with the master volume prior to running DIRAC, or it will fail.

Iā€™m still confused about how the settings of the db scale (-80 to +12) in the ā€˜audioā€™ settings section of the. BluOS app relate to the range of the actual volume control on the C 3050LE or the general volume slider (0-100) in either the BluOS app or Roon volume (again, 0-100).

The John Atkinson review:

1 Like