Which HQP Filter are you using? [2015-2023]

Yes indeed. However, just occasionally.

How can I fix it?

Kind regards,
Phong Nguyen.

Only Rob Watts can fix it. But they’ve sold over 100k Mojos… a fix is unlikely

Hopefully Mojo2 fixes it.

You should still write to Rob Watts though. He is on Head-Fi forum.

Hey @dabassgoesboomboom , I am using line output from my Chord Mojo. Do you think I should use the variable output instead from my Chord Mojo to my Roksan K3 power amplifier? Will the sound quality better or not?

Kind regards,
Phong Nguyen.

There’s nothing special about the ‘line level’ mode.

All it does it allows you to quickly set to to 3Vrms output, instead of clicking up and down manually and having to know which colour corresponds to 3V.

But you can manually get there by adjusting the volume…

So there’s no issues with using Mojo volume control (using it as a pre). You can’t really escape using it’s built in digital volume control. But there’s no reason to either.

But there’s no remote control of course.

I don’t have Mojo right now but I remember when I would power on, there would be a slight pop on my headphones.

So if you do try:

1. Turn Mojo on BEFORE you turn power amp on…

2. Make sure Mojo volume is at it’s absolute lowest volume before you turn power amp on

3. Wear earplugs the first time to protect your ears…

4. When you power off the system, turn power amp off first… then Mojo off last…

There are heaps of people using Mojo as a pre but you have to be careful.

Some even use it to power directly very efficient speakers !!

Hugo2 makes for a better pre because it comes with remote control… And doesn’t have this power on pop that I experienced when I had Mojo.

18 posts were split to a new topic: RME ADI-2 and HQPlayer

Hi again, Jussi
Guess there are some pilots errors here … :woozy_face: Sorry if it is the wrong thread, it kinda started here …

Now I have tried for hours today to get the suggested image to work (the one NOT Ravenna) I have encountered some really mysterious things. I cannot log in using the prompt (root) or the WebUI (admin + password). Simply will not work. I have downloaded the image over and over, I have run checks after checks on the USB stick. I have tried numerous file tables even if I know the Etcher will create its own partition and format as EXT4 when “etching” the image.

The HQP starts and stops at the login prompt. It presents itself in the network, it is possible to get the IP address AND it is possible to feed ROON with that IP address, it recognizes HQP. I can call on the IP address in both Edge and Chrome and it kicks in at the main page. Yes, I have sweeped the cache and cookies and every other thing I could think about. I also resetted the SSL. I can go from Main to Input page and it opens. But as soon as I want in on the user+password protected pages it stops and asks for it, but does not accept my answer. Yes I can spell and even if I could not, the sheer number of trials would have let me in due to luck …

Below see some pics I have taken: First you see the HQP starting up from the HQP computer itself. Yeah, you know probably … seen it before, have you?
Secondly you see that I can call up first main page, the input page and then the final two, trying to log in and the response from the PC I am communicating from.
Don’t know if this is helpful, but I out of answers here. This does not happen with the Ravenna image, it simply pauses at the prompt login, but continues efter a few seconds and loads up all the remaing lines of software and becomes operational in every aspect.

Please HELP … :scream: :confounded:

The stock is :
hqplayer and password

Not working?

1 Like

My God … Just shoot me …

Sir, blushing of shame, I thank you dearly. There are times when the shelter from the cyber space is a blessing. Now it works like a charm, off course, and I am finally on my way again efter this debacle.
Sometimes after finding a clever way of doing things, one could have moments feeling clever, luckile it is usually followed by a crash landing to mother Earth reminding you not to indulge in your own glory.

Sir, I bow and feel grateful :heartpulse: :clap:

1 Like

I thought Lars was having an issue.

Happy it sorted things for you too :smiley:

1 Like

We are the same person, it stretches far back, when I had problems logging in (schhh say no more) and had to create a new account. Who I become depends today from which unit and browser I login. So Stefan and Lars-Göran is the same … not so clever … guy … :crazy_face:

Edit: It plays very well. Amazing how well things go when done the right way …

1 Like

Jussi does recommend you change the default password…

But I’m scared what might happen now ! The music is playing well :smile:

1 Like

Hello @jussi_laako . Which of Poly Sinc HB and Poly Sinc XTR LP is more computationally intensive?

xtr is by more than 2x…

Hey Jussi, would it be possible for you to put in Non Apodizing versions of Sinc S and Sinc M in the next big enough update? I love Sinc L but my computer can only run Sinc M and Sinc S in DSD without stuttering.

Why!? Then it wouldn’t be sinc-S and sinc-M anymore, but something else. Non-apodizing filters are bad most of the time.

(note that sinc-L is totally different filter than sinc-S or sinc-M, nothing in common)

2 posts were split to a new topic: HQP on High Sierra - Can it run the newest version of HQP?

I’ve gone full circle after ~4 years.

Back to enjoying poly-sinc-short-mp the most…

For now anyway :grinning:

I was listening to poly-sinc-short-mp for a while.

Now I’ve been using poly-sinc-xtr-mp and have been enjoying it!

1 Like

Even though its been advised that Non Apodizing filters are a bit of a no-no…im still liking and using Sinc-L. Go figure