Whisk(e)y loving objectivists’ corner

Go for it Michael.

3 Likes

Very nice ’recommendations’ here as are in music threads :grinning: I probably have not tried as many as most of you but here is my favourite so far, Laphroaig 10.

7 Likes

This is currently the best thread in the whole sorry sad Roon forums. Gonna have to try some of these tips… several I know already.

2 Likes

If anybody fancies a good laugh while sipping their favourite dram, check out the Blackbody Ambient Field Conditioner - a mere snip at $836 each, but you do need at least one per item of electronic equipment in your listening room. Oh, and you’ll also need a compass. It’s a long read, so a few drams will be required, but don’t blame me if you end up swearing drunkenly at the screen at the hideous absurdity of this product :wink:

And, just to make sure I’m not off-topic …

3 Likes

Credit goes to @Graeme_Finlayson. I only did do some silly comments.

1 Like

I am always happy to drink a Balvenie Double wood.

download

Sadly none in at Crystal towers. Finished off my Cardhu Gold Reserve last night just my Auchentoshan 12 year old left.

7 Likes

Thank the Lord the world should be opening back up soon :grin:

2 Likes

I just made an off-the-cuff comment and @BrianW gave us a whole new thread :grinning:

1 Like

Well it’s more constructive than most threads other than what your listening to ones.

1 Like

It’s been a pleasure. I wish all threads were as friendly as this one.

My contribution to the thread and my latest find - an English whisky, highly recommended.

4 Likes

I’ve been a scotch drinker for nearly 40 years and I’m seeing brands in this thread that I’ve never heard of. :yum:

1 Like

Wonderful to meet all you whisk(e)y lovers out there :slight_smile:

When I’m up for some peat I’m currently enjoying a bottle of Bunnahabhain 7y 2013/2020 “Very Cloudy” from Signatory Vintage or the Ardbeg Wee Beastie 5y.

For the non-smokey evenings I’ve opened a bottle of Dalmore Port Wood and Balvenie 14y Caribbean Cask.

2 Likes

Currently I got the Ardbeg Uigedail open. It is my wife’s favourite whisky.

We usually do not have multiple bottles open at the same time. Open one, drink it, open the next one.

8 Likes

Ah, another dram I haven’t tried. Visited their distillery a few years back and tried their gins. Didn’t realise the whisky had achieved an IWSC Gold award!

Added to my wish list :tumbler_glass:

@Peter_Bruderer Now we’re talking! One of my absolute favourites! I really like the Corryvreckan too :yum:

It’s not often I hear of a lady who likes Islay malts! :grinning:

1 Like

@Graeme_Finlayson Lagavulin 16 yo with NUB Habano cigar and of course ROON(TIDAL&Qobuz) with Schiit YggdrasilGS&Ragarnok2 to Legacy Audio HD Studio Monitors. But the very best would be the Lagavulin in a wee flask with the cigar walking St Andrews/Carnoustie/Kingsbarns/Crail/Pebble Beach/Spanish Bay(with piper at sundown) as I have done with my 3 sons. Surprised no one had mentioned Lagavulin.

3 Likes

Had one of my best vacations ever in the Cotswolds a few years ago - what a lovely area.

Just sipping this one right now:

https://cdn2.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/p-2813/glen-scotia/glen-scotia-18-year-old-whisky.jpg?ss=2.0

1 Like

Sucks I’ve not been to Scotland. Will remedy that soon…

Yes, I had to read Peter’s message twice to believe it! Ardbeg will be my next one, because liked Laphroaig so much, just wondering what Ardbeg to get…

You’re a lucky man! Mrs F wouldn’t let me light up a cigar indoors :wink:

Not had a bottle of 16yo Lagavulin for a while, very nice dram though.

A few familiar place names mentioned there :slightly_smiling_face: