White screen with animated icon on initial startup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ThinkPad X250 with 4TB SSD, trying to do first time install as new roon user.
**Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Spectrum internet with their modem, on Ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Will be using USB but haven’t gotten that far yet.

Description Of Issue
New to roon. Trying to do initial install. It has done this on 2 PCs this one (which is the one I want to use, since it has the 4TB SSD) and on a new new ThinkPad X1 Carbon.
On startup: Choose your Roon Core - Use this PC
After I login, it goes to a white screen with the black animated icon thingy in the middle.
That is as far as it ever gets.

Sorry for the trouble here, @Johnny_Jones!

Does Roon eventually close or does the white screen stay up indefinitely?

Do you have any firewall or antivirus running? Can you try disabling them just as a temporary test and see if that results in any change?

Thanks!

I let it run overnight. Today it was closed out, but when I opened it, it was set up. I added a couple of music folders to it.
For “Add a Music Service” it gives me the choice of Tidal and qobuz, which at the moment I am not interested in.
Can I connect to Amazon Music?
Thanks!

Hello @Johnny_Jones, while we aren’t currently integrated with the Amazon music service, I’d recommend adding your voice to the feature request here. Please let me know if you have any further questions, happy to help!

1 Like

After I had roon up a couple of day (which seems like that is close to how long it took to catalog all of my music) now it does not start again.
This started yesterday. Try to start roon, and just the splash screen shows up. Leave it like that for hours, and nothing.

In AppData\Roon\Application folder the contents of the Roon.exe.config and RAATServer.exe.conf are idential.

Contents is:
**************** top of file ****************
configuration
runtime
assemblyBinding xmlns=“urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1”
probing privatePath=“100700667”/
/assemblyBinding
/runtime
/configuration
"*************** end of file *****************
the folder 100700667 looks like it contains config files.

This laptop has a 4 TB SSD and has 1.16 TB free.
It is an older ThinkPad X250

Try

1. Update your graphics driver from the manufacturer site not windows update.
  2. If that doesn’t work then try running 32 bit roon, downloadable on roonlabs.com.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.