• Size: <300.000 tracks
  • Size: >300.000 tracks
  • Type: More than 2/3 Streaming content
  • Type: More than 1/2 Streaming content
  • Type: More than 2/3 Local content
  • Listening habit: Mostly Albums
  • Listening habit: Mostly Tracks/Playlists
0 voters

Don’t think i’ve seen any indications on the demography of the forum natives here? Let’s see who you are and how you collect and listen to music!

And yes, i am confident that the options are too crude for everyones content, but they will suffice!

So, please, select three, one of each area and lets see who you are! :grinning:

8 Likes

You don’t have all own content as a choice. I only have own content in library only use streaming for discovery or occasional play if albums I don’t own.

5 Likes
  • 100% own content
  • Streaming services for discovery
  • I’m only physical
0 voters
1 Like

This poll has prompted me to rip my collection again (with proper backups).

Coloured dots on order to track which are ripped and which I’ve catalogued on Discogs.

Cheers @Mikael_Ollars

3 Likes

Hmm library size less then 100k. I’m streaming more then 2/3 of the time and I prefer to listen to albums. Judging the results that puts me in the largest group.

1 Like

Good luck with that. Ripped my albums last year, I have several backups (including the cloud). Not going through that again.

3 Likes

Do you count free tier streaming services (e.g. Spotify) for this purpose, or only streaming via Roon?

(There’s always one awkward bugger and it’s often me :rofl:)

2 Likes

It’s @Mikael_Ollars poll, I just hijacked it, sorry :pray:

1 Like

If it was my poll, then yes, anything and not just via Roon😉

1 Like

I think I’ll go with that and you can answer to @Mikael_Ollars for hijacking his poll. :laughing:

2 Likes

Library size between 10,000 and 100,000 is a vast range so it does not really give a clear understanding what is the average library size.

Have voted for <100,000 tracks as the size of my usual core collection being enabled falls into that category. My local collection is much bigger, but I personally see something between 50,000 and 100,000 as the ideal range for using roon to keep the overview.

1 Like

Guilty as charged, ban me from the forum for unruly behaviour :smiling_imp:

1 Like

It’s just a bit of fun and gives insight to how we use Roon. @Mikael_Ollars is a fellow user like us and he does state the options are little bit crude as polls go

1 Like

Exactly @Menzies … every time these sort of polls crop up, people always complain about missing options for their unique use case or whatever - just treat it as a bit bit of fun :slight_smile: And thanks to @Mikael_Ollars for taking the initiative :+1: I’m 100% for albums, 0% streaming, library <100K.

5 Likes

Polls are hard to write :slight_smile: More than 2/3 of my library content are streaming, so that’s what I voted, but what I actually play is probably more than 2/3 of the time my local files. (Simply because I buy what’s really important to me; as files, CD, or vinyl).

5 Likes

Missing:

Listen to vinyl?
Listen to SiriusXM? (while driving and via Amazon Echo devices)
Listen to Tidal or Qobuz via their native player apps?
Listen to audiophile dreck? :rofl:

1 Like

Just for you @Jazzfan_NJ :wink:

• Listen to vinyl
  • Listen to SiriusXM (while driving and via Amazon Echo devices)
  • Listen to Tidal or Qobuz via their native player apps
  • Listen to audiophile dreck
0 voters
1 Like

Audiophile dreck = HP Super Disc Lists = to be avoided at all costs :rofl:

Apologies to @Mikael_Ollars for hijacking his thread. :grin:

Not sure which applies most, maybe both

dakvk1y-580f4992-7c80-4d0e-b6c8-5d6d7033b28a
dam9rtp-99a15e7a-04e6-4eb2-b4e3-85e61d436573

1 Like

Maybe a Mod can split the nonsense away?

2 Likes