Why can't I connect my CA CXN v2 wired?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

PC with WIN10 latest Roon

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Both the PC and the Cambridge Audio CXN v2 are ethernet connected to my home network

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio CXN v2 streamer connected via ethernet and wifi

Description Of Issue

Roon does not show me the via ethernet options so I am forced to use wifi.
I would like to use the wired connection because of the better quality.

I don’t believe the CXN is Roon Ready, so it won’t be discoverable over Ethernet. You have the following options only:

• Chromecast Built-In
  • USB Audio
  • AirPlay
  • Chromecast Audio

Seeing as there is no difference in protocols between WiFi and Ethernet, anything visible in one should also work on the other. The CXN V2 is Roon tested so it should work OK via one of the alternative protocols. However it may present as a new endpoint and require activating.

In the Roon settings -> audio I see only two CXNv2 zones.
One via Chromecast Streaming under Roon tested and one via AirPlay under Other Network Devices.
That’s all, nothing with Ethernet…

Very annoying because the build in Chromecast only supports max 48 Khz in stead of the 96 it should be. A flaw in the CC implementation.

It would still be Chromecast and AirPlay. Cambridge Audio have not been eager to adopt RAAT.

Indeed, thanls guys. Guess I bought the wrong streamer.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.